My game is killing my 3G - LOL

HunnenkoenigHunnenkoenig Member Posts: 1,173
edited November -1 in Tech Support
My wallbreaker game is full of sounds, animations and different eye candy, but it pretty much kills my 3G :-)

I thought that this will happen, but I was hoping for a miracle.

Now I can start to optiimize. I just don't know, how and what :-)

My images are as small as they can be, I think, my sounds too. If I cut the anims and the other things, the game will be a cookiecutter piece of crap :-(

Comments

• JamesZeppelinJamesZeppelin Member Posts: 1,927
    just get rid of all the animations and sounds and you should be cool
  • quantumsheepquantumsheep Member Posts: 8,188
    Or you could do what a few people seem to be doing, which is just making their games for the 3GS and leaving older models behind...

If you're not happy doing that, then optimise! There's plenty of help on the forum, I'm sure (I think I wrote some of it!).

If you don't want to compromise the game, then don't. As others have said to me 'Make the game you will be happy with'.

You're riding on the back of a good and successful app - take your time, do what you wanna do ;)

QS

Dr. Sam Beckett never returned home...
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/Quantum_Sheep
    Web: https://quantumsheep.itch.io

• rebumprebump Member Posts: 1,058
    @QS: But my question is what did they do when they left the old behind and then submitted it to the App store? Did they just get lucky and it went through? Did they provide a disclaimer in the app description? Did they get rejected?

The "platform" exclusion plist stuff is more for feature of the platform/device than for the overall device itself. I suppose you could select something that only the 3GS had but that seems kind of funky (i.e. oh, yeah, my game requires the compass :-) ).

Anyone with input, please chime in! :-)
  • quantumsheepquantumsheep Member Posts: 8,188
    You know, I don't think anyone's submitted one yet ;)

Dr. Sam Beckett never returned home...
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/Quantum_Sheep
    Web: https://quantumsheep.itch.io

• HunnenkoenigHunnenkoenig Member Posts: 1,173
    I don't really understand, what you are trying to say rebump, but in the appstore there are many apps, which has textes in their description exactkly like you wrote it. Namely that they are using features of the 3GS and won't work in lower devices.

The problem is, I have no 3GS and can't test it.
    @Hunne: Oddly enough, I have only purchased a few handful of apps and maybe browsed about 100. :-)

So folks are stating directly in their app "Description" stuff such as:

`Note: This will only run well on a 3GS or newer Touch.`

And such? If so, cool. I thought I had heard somewhere in these forums that someone tried that and got rejected. I couldn't find the post so I wasn't sure if my memory was failing.
  • EastboundEastbound Member, BASIC Posts: 1,074
    You'll still get the "wtF whY is IT SLow?! suXXorz!" reviews.
    I would guess so but I at least have a clearer conscious. :-)

Mainly concerned about it not getting approved for performance or a disclaimer...
    @rebump: maybe not on performance, but on features, like the video or the compass function.
    They are not in 3G devices, so it is logical that you have to write into the description that these features won't work on a 3G. I don't think, you get rejected because of this.

You probably can't say: "It won't start on your iPod" :-)

@Eastbound: that's true. Even if you give something for free, there will be people complaining, why do you only have 300 levels and 100 cars and why it can't cook coffee :-D
  • scorelessmusicscorelessmusic Member Posts: 565
    Just note that I tried the "This only runs on the 3GS" and was rejected due to description. :)
    As I said above :-)

You probably worded your description wrong :-)