Stop Them Nittles [WIP] by xforce

xforcexforce Member Posts: 187
edited April 2012 in Announce Your Game!
Ok new thread as information and pics in the old thread are completely out dated. can't say the screenshots are final as im still constantly making and adding things to the game so everything is still open for change (and possibly will be)

also modified the appstore icon a bit

have updated the website aswell to reflect the new screenshots plus has a little bit more info on the game www.gameoctave.com

Well if anyone is interested just thought i would share my thoughts about the dev process during the past 6 months on this game. This project started out as what I thought would be, a very very simple game to make. It actually should of been ,though as the game progressed more I would always replace solutions with more problems. Vicious cycle that. Actually for the past 4 months every week I would say to myself "just one more week and I'll be done". months later... I'm still saying that to myself but I think I'll be able to finally say "finished" soon. One funny fact is I've probably made literally hundreds and hundreds of gfx for the game of which only a 1/4 will make it into the final version. Been through so many rejected ideas and revisions (both graphically and gameplay wise). Actually up until about 3 months ago the Nittles had a completely different character design. One day I decided I didn't like them. So after sitting and thinking it over for a bit I decided I would trash every single character and animation I had spent the previous months working on.

Also another thing I'd like to mention is the need to test the game. This one still needs more testing but one thing I realized half way through was everyone is NOT me. What I mean by that is basically I was building the game completely based off my own ability to play the game. When I actually gave it to 2 different people they couldn't get anywhere. I'd been working on the game for so long that I had no idea that the game's difficulty was bordering on impossible for the average joe.

I still have the original project file that I started on day 1. Sometimes I look back at it just to see how far the game has come. Good for a laugh too :)

Comments

• LeonardDeveloperLeonardDeveloper Member Posts: 4,630
    edited April 2012
    lol, When I look back at games... I cry :D
    Looks really really good mate!
  • kellykkellyk Member Posts: 51
    so cool! love it! i gotta say, the art style and coloring is awesome!
  • patapplepatapple Member Posts: 873
    I love the art and the screenshot but I don't like the icon. I think you can do it more colourful ;)
  • 3xL3xL Member Posts: 676
    no offense but the icon doesn't match the game AT ALL.. if i saw the icon in the appstore, i would of thought it'd be a space game of some kind. but the screenshots show a beach... soo....yea lol

other than that ALL the art looks fantastic :)
  • LeonardDeveloperLeonardDeveloper Member Posts: 4,630
    Yeah, I'm sorry but the icon is way off..
  • DreamLabDreamLab Member Posts: 2,127
    Game looks great! But the icon makes me think of Transformers to be honest.
  • xforcexforce Member Posts: 187
    thanks for feedback on the icon @all. i guess ill be making a new one then haha though my original plan was to make it a different style from all the other icons on the appstore so it would somehow standout. but i have no problem with getting rid of it
    edited May 2012
    new icon has been updated on my site. won't change it again as i rather like it. for anyone that read the feature list about the game would've noticed something called " Magic Garden Mode". Just to explain what that is, it's very comparable in function to the Zen Garden from Plants vs Zombies. But with more purpose. You can either choose to waste time growing flowers and earning money from them or you can actually spend time trying to grow and evolve special eggs that evolve into standalone weapons that you can use in the main game modes. The better the egg the more expensive it is to buy and the longer it takes to make it through its evolutionary stages. It's also got its own stand alone shop from the main game so you can buy things like different flowers, eggs and other gardening bits and bobs. as i said before nothing (gfx wise) is final.

edit: removed the new icon from my site. decided to wait until the game is released whenever that is.
    Just a shot of the skill menu. After every level you get a skill point that you can spend on a simplified tech tree. The further along the path the more expensive the skill. Bosses give you 3 skill points when you beat them. As always, GFX subject to change

• 8BitAvrin8BitAvrin Member, PRO Posts: 368
    Looks neat, good job. I like looking back at when I started on projects too, it's great for future motivation. Hard work goes a long way.

WebsiteTwitter ∞ My apps are available on: Apple iOS App StoreGoogle Play App StoreAmazon App Store

• DeadlySeriousMediaDeadlySeriousMedia ArizonaMember Posts: 838
    What's the word on this? I was very much looking forward to it. :)
    @deadlyseriousmedia

sorry delayed response. actually the game has just been submitted for review. so we'll wait to see how that goes. i still need to create a gameplay trailer
  • DeadlySeriousMediaDeadlySeriousMedia ArizonaMember Posts: 838
    @xforce Can't wait to play it! Been waiting for this one! :)