When can we expect 0.9.0 ?

ORBZORBZ Member Posts: 1,304
edited November -1 in Tech Support
Hey devs,

I eagerly await 0.9.0. When can we expect it? I have had a lot of problems with 0.8.x and I hope that 0.9.0 will resolve them. Most importantly, preserve scene functionality, reliable collision detection, and moveTo behavior that stops on target.

Any idea when we can expect to see 0.9.0? I ask this since I, like most people on here, are paying customers and we deserve to know these things so that we can plan our projects accordingly.

I won't hold you to the timeline, but I would love to see a roadmap of what you are working on. I know development can sometimes take longer than expected. I just would like to see a picture of what you guys consider to be priority.

Comments

• venon_itvenon_it Member, PRO Posts: 594
    I hope a lot of integration: open feint , preserve scene .

staff: it is Possible to know how to proceed?

Thanks
  • gregr209gregr209 Member Posts: 441
    I second the motion for getting the 'moveto' command to work properly :-) Also would like to see the memory leak fixed and a real random function...among many other things :-)
  • JelJel Member Posts: 319
    Open Feint is top of my list at the moment.
  • iDeveloperziDeveloperz Member Posts: 1,169
    - Open Feint
    - Speed
    - Using hardware (Camera, GPS, Microphone)
    - High Scores

I think that is my overall though, I don't expect it to come with 0.9.

:)
  • adadoadado Member Posts: 219
    Here we go again...

;-)
  • venon_itvenon_it Member, PRO Posts: 594
    yes yesss STAAAFFFFF PLEASEEE INSERT OPEN FEINT IN NEXT UPDATE
  • firemaplegamesfiremaplegames Member Posts: 3,211
    SXSW is about to happen in Austin, March 12-21. GameSalad was chosen as a finalist for the Microsoft Accelerator in the Interactive section. I imagine they're pretty busy with all that right now, and we won't see an update until after.
  • iDeveloperziDeveloperz Member Posts: 1,169
    Sorry, I ment Online leader boards.
  • PhoticsPhotics Member Posts: 4,172
    I don't like the idea of Open Feint. Why would I want to work hard on a game and tie it to someone else's gaming network?

I'd rate the following as far more important...

-- Better Collision Detection
    -- Fix the memory leak
    -- Better performance
    -- More platforms (Web browsers, Android, iPad, PC)
  • beatragebeatrage Member Posts: 126
    Yes " Photics " !!

My suggestions are:

- collision per pixel could be a good idea!
    - Every scene clean the memory allocation ( and i am destroying every object on my game if you ask me)
    - make it fast to load and kill the jags from wrapx or wrapy background objects
    - make it more stable...some times the GS closes itself and give me an error, and when the game is huge this keeps happening all the time.
    you could create a debugger screen and show in red like the name of the objects that are creating errors on the game ( THIS WOULD REALLY HELP ALOT ) because sometimes i think that the GS closes itself from a fatal error when you run your gamebuild with a logical error.
    - and finally fix the sound errors my explosions are gone and even creating new files my build doesn´t accept anymor ...and I don´t know why! And That Makes me Angry ^_^

And for the Christ's sake A PAUSE option please...the users can´t clean their asses while they are shitting and playing at the same time in the toylet...whithout a pause option T_T -> ^_^ !!
  • synthesissynthesis Member Posts: 1,693
    @ Beatrage...LOL!!!

The iPod was invented for entertaining toilet timeouts! When else are you supposed to be able to play games at work.
  • jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408
    I think it's been discussed that with the current Physics Engine (Box2D), Pixel collision was impossible, so I doubt that's coming

I'd love to see performance improvements, especially on the earlier devices. Loading time for the app and in between scenes can be brutal on a 3G iPhone, where it hums along on the 3GS
  • ValanValan Member, BASIC Posts: 410
    I would love to be able to move the pivot point and to group actors. To able to draw lines and shapes would be very handy too.
  • PhoticsPhotics Member Posts: 4,172
    I think a pause option would be good. It could take hours to reach level 10 in my game.

As for pixel detection, I don't know how necessary that is. Look at Street Fighter II, isn't that all hit boxes? Even if it was possible, I'm not sure it's a good idea. The performance hit would be too great, no? With Circles and Squares, I can be quite creative.

The problem is watching the ball go right through my flipper. I hate that.
  • quantumsheepquantumsheep Member Posts: 8,188
    There's already a 'pause button' workaround.

It's horrible, it's convoluted, but you can get it to work. Check out the Wiki.

Because of this, I doubt there'll be added 'Pause' functionality in the next update at least :(

QS

Dr. Sam Beckett never returned home...
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/Quantum_Sheep
    Web: https://quantumsheep.itch.io

• jhaasjhaas Member Posts: 233
    My vote is performance and memory/resource usage.

Maybe I'm the only one having an issue with audio killing performance over time (after about 7 minutes)but without a fix in the near future my ability to continue use the engine is in doubt. :(
  • JackBQuickJackBQuick Member Posts: 524
    A reliable Move To behaviour would make me enormously happy.