How to permanent unlock?

nowherejaynowherejay Member, PRO Posts: 85
Hello!
I've been searching the forums with no luck, maybe someone can point me to a vid or a thread, but I need a bit o help. I've got another game with 9 stages and I can get them to unlock successfully with the save load attributes, however it seems that once I shut off the game and let the iPad go for a while it all resets regardless? I guess I thought saving with the save load behaviors permanently saved attributes, or am I wrong? If I am wrong, what is it that permanently saves attributes so if I shut off the iPad or let it go for a long time that lets me keep my unlocked levels?

Thanks for the help!

Best Answers

• tenrdrmertenrdrmer Posts: 9,934
    Accepted Answer
    you are not loading the attributes properly if they are not staying in place after the app closes out. you need to make sure you have you keys typed in properly and the load behaviors are running at like the begining of the app not at the same time as the save.
  • tenrdrmertenrdrmer Posts: 9,934
    Accepted Answer
    Yeah you need to run all your loads when the app opens. Otherwise you are possible overriding the loads and saves etc… by runing them in the same place.

Load at your splash/intro and then run your saves when the values change. as long as they are game level attributes they will keep what ever value has been set until the app is closed. then as long as it wqs saved properly when its opened again it will load before it is ever needed at the begining of the app.

Answers

• nowherejaynowherejay Member, PRO Posts: 85
    so the loading can be anywhere? i can load attributes on the starting screen and that would be ok? because I have the load attrib saved into an actor on the same page as the save attribute
  • nowherejaynowherejay Member, PRO Posts: 85
    thanks ill do that and see if i can get it to work!