Can you use logos from other companies in your game?

BreezeonholdBreezeonhold Member Posts: 187
Logos Quiz has been number 1 in the app store for a couple days and has really left me wondering if a company could sue you or take down your app because you are using their logo in your game? I always thought that you had to get permission from the company before you use their logo.

Best Answer

• IsabelleKIsabelleK Posts: 2,807
    edited May 2012 Accepted Answer
    No, I'm sure you can't do this.

If you are wondering if something is legal, or not, most likely it's not.

Answers

• AppTekAppTek Member Posts: 152
    There is no need to make two discussion's.
  • BreezeonholdBreezeonhold Member Posts: 187
    edited May 2012
    @AppTek You didn't answer my question first and formost and that was gamesalds forums fault. I didn't mean to make 2 discussions. I would have deleted the post but I didn't see a way of doing so.

Anyways thanks for the answers everyone that is what I thought.
  • RPRP Member Posts: 1,990
    Parody the logos or companies, just be cautious of similarities. Otherwise yes, you need permission and like Robocop would say "there WILL be trouble".
  • The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Member Posts: 9,922
    edited May 2012
    Using the logos of other companies other than what they license their use for, such as using the available in app store logo or like Facebook access or twitter through your app et... And even then companies have a specific way you must present their logo. To use say coca cola and such is a violation of trademark. Unless as @RP said you do it as parody but parody must meet specific guidelines as art related to societal criticism or some such artistic statement protected by the first amendment. Having a quiz doesn't meet those standards so I would be cautious and if you get a letter, I would pull the app without question.