Problem with behavior: change to scene

BulstronkBulstronk Member Posts: 6
edited November -1 in Tech Support
Hi,

At school, I'm making with a classmate during Informatics a simple platformer, but we have some problems with the behavior change to scene.

For a quick start, we've used the basic platformer template and edited scene 1 a bit. We left scene 2 in the original state and everything works so far. Then we maked a thirth scene with a new level and a different "well done" message (scene 4). But between scene 3 and 4, the behavior does nothing, instead of going from scene 3 to 4, scene 3 starts again. We've made no changes in the " Door" actor.

It's also annoying that the player actor after the restart of scene 3, is positioned at the top left corner, instead of the top right corner.

We suppose this is a bug.

Does someone have the same problem?

Comments

• BulstronkBulstronk Member Posts: 6
    Nobody has this problem?
  • ChaserChaser Member Posts: 1,453
    Make sure your change scene actor for each scene say go to scene 3 or scene 4 whichever is the next scene
    Thanks for you reply Chaser.

But the change to scene behavior is set to go the next scene by every scene.

We have now:

Scene 1 --> Scene 2
    Scene 2 --> Scene 3
    Scene 3 --> Scene 4 (between this two scenes the problem exist)

To give you a good view on the problem, I've made a short screencast: http://screenr.com/9Bg

I hope that you can come up with a solution, after you've seen the screencast.
  • chosenonestudioschosenonestudios Member Posts: 1,714
    ummm, bulstronk I watched your vid, and it looked allright (albeit I couldn't see the text) but if you want me to take a look at your project for you I'd be happy too
    @chosenonestudios: you can find the project here: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2601945/Gamedevelopment/Mr Mac.zip

I keep it constanly up- to-date.

I hope you don't mind the text in dutch in the scenes between the levels.
    We're still working on it, so it's possible that not everything is working 100%.
    Chosenonestudios, did you or someone else already took a look at the project?
  • CodeMonkeyCodeMonkey Head Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 1,803
    Your player instance in level 2 is edited so that it has a rule that when it hits a door it repositions itself. And that is kicking in before the door was able to kick off the Change Scene. If you take that rule out it it goes to the next scene.

And your scene after that has 3 actors with the Change Scene behavior. (2 go to scene 1, the 3rd is set to go to nothing) All activated by space key.
    Thank you very much CodeMonkey. Everything works now as it should work.