How to open .gameproj file on windows?

StoneclipseStoneclipse Member, PRO Posts: 130
edited May 2012 in Working with GS (PC)
How can i open my project files which were previously being worked on a mac machine on windows creator? And another question about the windows creator.. does the gs viewer work with windows creator?

Answers

• StoneclipseStoneclipse Member, PRO Posts: 130
    Okay thanks! :)

Does gsviewer work with windows creator?
  • POMPOM Member Posts: 2,599
    right now you CAN'T

right now you can only go from windows to Mac
    once 9.93 is out you should be able to go from mac to windows

Wait, a little clarification please, they said that the windows will support projects up to 0.9.92, snd obviously the new 0.9.93 build will bring new features .. So how exactly can you open a 93 project on a 92 creator? What if you have a behavior such as "edit table" , how can you open that in the windows creator?!

Roy
  • redmediaredmedia Member Posts: 2
    I was beating my head against the wall over this for about a day. Lot of cool templates out there but couldn't open them on Windows.

**Solution** rename Mac ext .gsuser file to Win ext .gsproj

It works great, windows will give you an error before it renames just click continue

enjoy
  • rhinokeyrhinokey Member Posts: 158
    i've had ppl send me some demos done on mac, and i was able to drag a exe from one of my own window projects into the folder of the mac demo, and when i opened that it would open the mac demo, some of them would crash but some would not.
  • StoneclipseStoneclipse Member, PRO Posts: 130
    @redmedia The new mac version of the creator will gives you a .gsproj file inside the .gameproj folder, so there's no need for the rename method now. :)
  • UtopianGamesUtopianGames Member Posts: 5,692
    That's correct just open up an old project and save it and then it will open in windows.

Darren.