Windows: Won't load? (Windows 8)

hollowed92hollowed92 Member Posts: 2
edited May 2012 in Working with GS (PC)
i just installed the beta for windows and it won't load past the part where it says loading it then closes well freezes

Best Answers

• StanStan Posts: 138
    Accepted Answer
    @hollowed92, im using W8 too, I hope maybe they will have some kind of a fix in 0.9.93, which suppose to come out soon. Fingers crossed waiting for 0.9.93! :)>-
  • stackpoolestackpoole Melbourne, Victoria, AustraliaPosts: 473
    Accepted Answer
    make sure you follow the minimum specs

"GameSalad Creator for Windows is currently supported on Windows 7 and Windows Vista. 2GB of RAM required and 4GB of RAM is recommended. Does not support windows xp"

If you do, I suggest contacting support..

Sydney Swans 2014!!

• petercoupepetercoupe Posts: 94
    Accepted Answer
    I currently have the same problem as hollowed92.
    I am running Windows 8 in Beta test mode via parallels on a MacBookPro, and have also tried opening in both Vista and Windows 7 (compatibility mode) with no success.
    I will persevere and report back.
  • GraphicWarehouseGraphicWarehouse Posts: 927
    Accepted Answer
    it doesnt support windows 8

Answers

• hollowed92hollowed92 Member Posts: 2
    edited May 2012
    can you please release some type of fix for windows 8 i mean windows 8 will be released in june for everyone
  • hollowed92hollowed92 Member Posts: 2
    i hope so! i mean windows out is out in less then a month then all new pc's will be shipped with the software i got my old laptop out just so i can try and attempt to check this program out
  • NachozNachoz Member Posts: 52
    I've tired everything I could to get it to run but no luck hopefully an update will arrive soon I am pretty anxious to try it out and don't want to format back to windows 7. I just got my key a few hours ago keeping my fingers crossed for some good news :)
  • stackpoolestackpoole Melbourne, Victoria, AustraliaMember, PRO Posts: 473
    I currently have the same problem as hollowed92.
    I am running Windows 8 in Beta test mode via parallels on a MacBookPro, and have also tried opening in both Vista and Windows 7 (compatibility mode) with no success.
    I will persevere and report back.
    Hi, I don't think running windsors 7 (compatibility mode) will work, as I think, a full windows 7 or vista system is needed.. not sure,,

Sydney Swans 2014!!

• petercoupepetercoupe Member Posts: 94
    I think I will have to dig out my old Vista discs!
  • Four20Four20 Member Posts: 17
    I'm having the same issues, so I doubt it's a specific Windows 8 issue. I'm running windows 7 with 8 GB of ram, and an i7 quad processor.

Trying to open the application results in nothing happening(visually). Looking at the task manager shows the gamesalad.exe application opens, but is immediately closed
  • patapplepatapple Member Posts: 873
    is your a native windows PC?