Error when Uploading

jdgouldjdgould Member, PRO Posts: 114
edited May 2012 in Working with GS (PC)
I tried to create a very simple app and upload it, but it keeps giving me the following error message.

An error was encountered when uploading project: System.Net.WebException:
The operation has timed out
at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
at GameSalad.Xaml.Publishing.ProjectUploader.uploadFile_DoWork(Object
sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)

I am not sure if this was a know bug/error or if it is maybe a user error.

Best Answers

• banjonbanjon Posts: 1
    Accepted Answer
    Got the same problem. Maybe I can now justify getting a Mac!
  • LedaroLedaro Posts: 18
    Accepted Answer
    I had the exact same error uploading from Windows. I finally solved it by removing a .m4a sound file, and swapped it for an .ogg sound file instead. It was the only .m4a I was using... but it was also the largest file I had (at 1.4mb). So, technically, it could have been a size issue... but I doubt it.

So if you're using any .m4a files for sound, just remove them for a test upload.

Answers

• bigdoublevbigdoublev Member Posts: 2
    Hello! i get the same issue can anyone help?
  • mrglocklingmrglockling Member Posts: 258
    This is still in beta, you can export it to the Mac version and upload it from there I think... If you have a mac of course.
  • bigdoublevbigdoublev Member Posts: 2
    is there any other way to upload than buying a mac?
  • alyxlarsenalyxlarsen Member Posts: 1
    I have the same problem. I hope they get it fixed soon. I don't have a mac, nor do I want one.
  • LedaroLedaro PRO Posts: 18
    I just wanted to update this - I had the same error again as mentioned at the start of this topic, but it wasn't from any .m4a file, as was my previous fix. This time, I solved it by removing images (from 'images' folder in project) that I was not actually using. I had removed them in GS via the "media" panel, but they were still in the images folder after i saved. So I deleted them manually... then I was able to upload my project without that error appearing.

So I think just keep a look out for anything in your project folders that you're not using, and remove them if you get that error.

BTW, after I manually deleted them, and reopened the file, it gave an error saying it couldn't find those files (even though they were not in the Media panel). But once I saved and opened again, it was fine. :-)
  • clee2005clee2005 http://Donkeysoft.caMember, PRO Posts: 194
    I just did the same thing, using Ledaro's advice. I had 2 .m4a files and I found that there were some "rogue" files in the folder, duplicates of the .m4a's that I was no longer using (older versions). I deleted them, and tried again, and it was all good. The older .m4a's were huge also, 15megs and 20 megs. Just for the record. Thanks Ledaro!
  • KatinKatin PRO Posts: 8
    I just wanted to share my solution to this problem.

I had this same problem even before I added any sound to my project, so I knew it wasn't m4a files that were the problem. I too had problems with images like Ledaro, and I had to go through my images folder and delete all of the excess images that gamesalad "forgot" to delete. That fix worked for me for a little while, but shortly there after the problem occurred again.

This time it seemed to be dependent on file size, and that project files approaching around 30mb would result in the same error as before. The fix came by changing internet connections. I found that i could upload the same project file with no problem at the local coffee shop, but when I tried uploading it at my home it would fail. I have Comcast as my ISP so my speculation is they have some limit on the size of an upload and that they may interfere with the gamesalad process. This is just speculation, but my advice would be trying a different internet connection if none of the other fixes seem to work for you.
  • BertochiBertochi Member Posts: 26
    Very well Katan. I'll try too.
  • jhlheimi@sina.comjhlheimi@sina.com Member Posts: 1
    I have encountered this problem, I did a little way also, I in China

For help!
  • BertochiBertochi Member Posts: 26
    We need a solution from the admin!!!! PLease!!!!
  • brasevabraseva Member, PRO Posts: 2
    Someone have a solution for this? actually i have this problem....
  • nicolgadingannicolgadingan Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2013
    better try this solution..
    thanks a lot to you guys..

Edit:
    i just tried it, it works i think..
    like the said error is not popping-up anymore..
    but here's another error..

"an error was encountered while uploading project: 400 Bad request"
  • EmoEwokEmoEwok Member Posts: 1
    Try downloading the latest version of gamesalad creator for windows.
    Version 0.10.0.0 to 0.10.4.1

Worked for me.