URL Forwarding

pandamatrix7pandamatrix7 Member Posts: 26
Hello,

I hear a little bit here and there about url forwarding with the pro membership. It seems to be a very valuable feature for making a good profit in the app store. But I'm curious about what are the main uses for this feature - how to make the most of url forwarding. I also want to know how the pros here are taking advantage of this. Pro membership is far out of my price reach right now but if it will allow me to present professionally developed apps with a greater chance of revenue, I may begin saving up for it.

Your feedback will be most appreciated. Thanks.

Comments

• beefy_clyrobeefy_clyro Member Posts: 5,390
    I personally dont have a pro membership but there are 3 differences.

1. On Pro you can have a custom load screen as opposed to the GS one
    2. URL forwarding
    3. Direct Support

URL forwarding is mainly being used on free versions of the game to link directly to the full version of a game. A recent thing that is going around on the forums is to release a light version of your game, as soon as the one level is up have it take you directly to your full app. Whilst this maybe a pain to some people it is suggested to yield quite good results.
  • design219design219 Member Posts: 2,273
    The design firm I work for bought the pro because our first game app was for a client and we needed to be able to link to their websites. We also wanted a non GS load screen because the attention needed to be on the clients logo, not GS. The game was for a husband and wife team of professional chefs, so we made a free food game:

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/food-fight/id352646643?mt=8

I'm working on a for sale app now that will have a link to our design firm and a link to the rating on iTunes to encourage rating BEFORE deletion of the app. I added this to Food Fight! in the 3rd update, and it seems to be working well.

Some are using links to youtube videos, and I'm also considering that for my next app.
  • pandamatrix7pandamatrix7 Member Posts: 26
    Thanks for the replies. I've heard some of the users here on the forum using the url forwarding in their lite games. They seem to be quite successful in doing so. However the youtube idea was new to me. I didn't know you could do that! That approach seems like it would be a good way to show off more of your other app creations and etc.

Are those the only benefits of url forwarding?
  • design219design219 Member Posts: 2,273
    You could also link to an address that would open and pinpoint on the Map app.