Creator for Windows - Norton does not like it!

HumphreyKHumphreyK Member Posts: 3
edited May 2012 in Working with GS (PC)
Got the email today, downloaded the Creator for Windows installation program, Norton anti virus had a hissy fit and automatically deleted it as an unsafe file.
Anybody else had this problem?
Any suggestions?

Best Answer

• JonTiStudiosJonTiStudios Posts: 66
    edited May 2012 Accepted Answer
    Ugh, will people stop with the Mac vs PC vs Anti-virus stuff and help the person who's posting a problem!

@HumphreyK: Yes, I had this same issue yesterday. Norton is playing it safe and removing the .exe file as it has no "reputation" as we're one of the first people to have that file scanned by norton.

Rather than disabling Norton just to download, after it removes it you can view the details, and on that page there's an option to restore it. Just click that and it'll pop it back on your computer and you can install.

Answers

• IsabelleKIsabelleK Member, Sous Chef Posts: 2,807
    This is Windows mate, get used to it :P

Screw the Norton, I can swear on my neighbor's life, that GS is not a virus :)
  • SteverdSteverd Member Posts: 194
    Yes, same for me. Norton flags it and deleted it.
    So you have to disable Nortons (for like 15minutes).
    Re-download and then install - no problems.

Norton flags it as a suspicious file because it does not recognize it in it's database of files.
    That's because it's a new problem, of course Norton's does not recognize it.
  • JamieOneilJamieOneil Member Posts: 877
    Norton detects everything as a virus.
  • HumphreyKHumphreyK Member Posts: 3
    Thanks JonTi, I will do that.
  • SteverdSteverd Member Posts: 194

Rather than disabling Norton just to download, after it removes it you can view the details, and on that page there's an option to restore it. Just click that and it'll pop it back on your computer and you can install.
    Did not know you could do that. Much easier than how I did it!
    Thanks!!
  • LanoLano Member Posts: 18
    No problem with my anti-virus... AVG. :D
  • HumphreyKHumphreyK Member Posts: 3
    Just to let the forum know, the advice by JonTiStudios worked fine.
    Norton allowed me to reinstate the file and no further problems have occurred.