If user reset the game; is it gonna affect game center ?

SharkawyDevSharkawyDev Member Posts: 225
Reset game option will be provided to user so if he did use it does it gonna affect game center ?

Best Answer

• EatingMyHatEatingMyHat Posts: 1,246
    Accepted Answer
    Which attribute you are updating? If it is high score, GC will keep only the highest one. If it is an achievement, once you update it to 100 it is completed, you cannot 'uncomplete' an achievement.

Answers

• JustMe74JustMe74 Member, PRO Posts: 542
    edited May 2012
    Are you using the GS "Reset Game" behavior ?
    I don't believe that this behavior does anything but run a "Reset Scene" for every scene in your game... right?
    If you want to clear keys and game center, you'll need to do it manually.
  • SharkawyDevSharkawyDev Member Posts: 225
    Thank u @justme74 , I have two ways to reset wheather Reset Game behavioir or an actor I made that will respawn , I don't want to make any changes to the Game Center when the user reset the game so I don't want to reset the attributes values. It's my first time to use game center and this information will make much difference to the way I continue my project.
    any clue, any one ? :)
  • MarkOnTheIronMarkOnTheIron Member Posts: 1,447
    What's already on Game Center stays in it even if you reset the game.

• EatingMyHatEatingMyHat Member Posts: 1,246
    You can reset the game center achievements by using a specific behavior built for that, but rest game or scene will not have any impact on Game Center.

I don't believe there is a way to reset the leaderboards
    @markonthlron @eatingmyhat great but what if the user played the game again is in it gonna update the same attributes and again it will update game center ? or i have to make it reflect to a different attributes ?
    @eatingmyhat that make sense in my crowded mind now ;) thanks mate
  • MarkOnTheIronMarkOnTheIron Member Posts: 1,447
    You can reset the game center achievements by using a specific behavior built for that
    I think that this behavior is supposed to only be used during development. I don't think it's safe to use it on Appstore builds, I don't even think it will work.

• EatingMyHatEatingMyHat Member Posts: 1,246
    edited May 2012

I think that this behavior is supposed to only be used during development. I don't think it's safe to use it on Appstore builds, I don't even think it will work.
    I think it will work because if they use resetAchievementsWithCompletionHandler in the iOS API it work on any build. However, I agree with you, I am not sure why someone would want to do that... especially since it is an all or nothing reset.