Windows creator feedback

italianmaxxitalianmaxx Member Posts: 40
edited May 2012 in Working with GS (PC)
the link towards feedback system on gs wincreator doesn't work. it seems to me that a good 20-30% of the software doesn't work...
1) the feedback system isn't working
2) when I place an actor I can't see it on the preview screen because thee coords the actor went are really off (i.e. place an actor at the center of the scen but it results placed at -200; 1475 !!!) if you set the coords by hand the actor goes back in place
3) particles are not working. I mean maybe they are working (if I use A LOT of them the system became sluggish) but I can't see them
4)it easily crash (my pc is a coreduo 6850 + 4gb ram +win7 64 + ssd +hdds + ati 5870)
5) if I save it crashes when I load the project the next session
6) I can't use it deeper because it is really unstable on my pc, but I guess there is alot of work to do.
7)The idea of coding and gamesalading on my win pc is really make me swallow... I hope things will get better soon

...quite disappointed... I'm happy I have ye good ol' gs on mac anyway...

Comments

• IsabelleKIsabelleK Member, Sous Chef Posts: 2,807
    Remember that this is just beta version :)
  • italianmaxxitalianmaxx Member Posts: 40
    You're right. i guess that maybe it is my own pc. who knows. It feels a bit more an alpha anyway I really appreciate the effort of the team. next version will be more stable for sure! ;-)

However I don't like the UI. I have a large 24" monitor but I think the UI waste a lot of space and is vertical oriented but the 16/10 or 16/9 monitors are more HORIZONTAL after all. and more we have a mouse wheel and a mouse right button, please use them!!! be contextual !!! I want to design game, not to move my hand for meters before clicking the right icon and then go back on the scene... it's a matter of time... eh eh eh
  • jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408
  • italianmaxxitalianmaxx Member Posts: 40
    When a software is in development there are different stages.
    alpha means a good amount of major functions work, a lot of embellishment is missing and alot of bug are in and it is usually reserved to the team.
    beta means quite all major functions work (aka mostly working) and this version could be released to 'selected' users.
    if a basic function (i.e. positioning of actors) isn't working properly, this is more an alpha.
    but terms apart, this make the job of the testers very hard because it's not easy to test gamesalad if you can't position actors... ;-)

anyway I'm happy with windows version, this very early release could better drive the development in the right direction and correct mistakes and (most important) improve the UI before a final release

I'm sure 9.93 will go inthe right direction :-D
  • KnepherKnepher Member Posts: 4
    I'm having the same problem with the actors beeing off place. Another serious issue, is that I can't load correctly a project that I saved before. It won't load the actors, images, etc.
  • NettekovenGamesNettekovenGames Member Posts: 88
    For me when i load a project everything works just fine :S
  • KnepherKnepher Member Posts: 4
    2) when I place an actor I can't see it on the preview screen because thee coords the actor went are really off (i.e. place an actor at the center of the scen but it results placed at -200; 1475 !!!) if you set the coords by hand the actor goes back in place

I'm having this problem too.
  • sdebeersdebeer Member Posts: 1
    When I place an Actor in the scene with a changed color, the Actor-color won't show in preview. The 'Display text'-text is previewed.

When I resize an Actor it is placed on the left side of the screen in Preview.

Anyone having this problem and maybe a solution?