How do I get rid of the white backgrounds on my PNGs

hasbroboy87hasbroboy87 Member Posts: 3
edited May 2012 in Working with GS (PC)
Hi, I was trying to make a circle image like a Ball, but when I put it in GS It Had a White backround, what do I do?

Answers

• Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,271
    When your creating your image, be sure to put it on top of a transparent layer. Then, save it as a .png
  • MotherHooseMotherHoose Member Posts: 2,456
    in your image/graphic program … add a layer that is transparent
    … move your ball layer above that transparent one

save/export as a .png … make sure you check to keep transparency (transparent pixels)

@hasbroboy87 … what imageEditing program are you using?

image MH
  • hasbroboy87hasbroboy87 Member Posts: 3
    I dont Really Have anything better than paint
  • hasbroboy87hasbroboy87 Member Posts: 3
    How do I add a new layer?
  • jckmcgrawjckmcgraw Member Posts: 647
    Open the .png file with Preview > click the box drop down located on the top of the window > click instant alpha > select the outer part of the image by clicking and dragging in one spot to another just a little bit (it may take some getting used to).

Now, the background that you want transparent should all be highlighted. Just click delete, and it will be transparent. If the instant alpha tool doesn't catch some parts of the background, you can use the rectangular selection or the circular selecting, and then delete the highlighted area.

Hope this helps,
    Jack McGraw
  • KaiWenKaiWen Member, PRO Posts: 93
    Hey Hasbroboy,

I used the Adobe apps for my graphics, but here is a cool link I thought you might be able to use.

http://www.gimp.org/tutorials/

Good Luck,
    Kai