having Xcode/ Gamesalad viewer problems....

adamadamadamwhatadamadamadamwhat Member Posts: 21
I have been following the steps to build a game on gamesalad viewer located here http://gamesalad.com/wiki/developing_for_iphone:building_gamesalad_viewer
and I am at the part where i have to choose my code signing identity from target "Gamesalad Viewer" info. The problem is that my code sign identity appears greyed out and says "profile doesnt match application identifier". I've gone through all of the steps in the gamesalad tutorials several times and am still having this problem. please help!

I am trying to get gamesalad viewer to work for the first time so I can test my game. I have the latest version of all software installed, and have both gamesalad express membership and iphone dev membership.

Comments

• chosenonestudioschosenonestudios Member Posts: 1,714
    make sure you have a provisioning profile for your game (with your game id)
  • adamadamadamwhatadamadamadamwhat Member Posts: 21
    yes as far as I can tell I have a provisioning profile. That is, i created one on the apple developer site as well as an app id, downloaded the provision profile and dragged it to the itunes icon in the tray.
    if i go ahead and try to build without my proper code sign id selected (because I cant select it) it gives me the error "The entitlements specified in your application's Code Signing Entitlements file do not match those specified in your provisioning profile."
  • firemaplegamesfiremaplegames Member Posts: 3,211
    First,
    Make sure your device is connected to your computer.
    Open the GS Viewer project in XCode, then under the Window menu at the top, click Organizer.
    Make sure that device is enabled as a development device.

Second,
    In the GS Viewer project window, on the left in the Groups & Files pane, click on the Targets arrow to open it.
    Double click on the first item under Targets: GameSalad Viewer

That will open the Target "GameSalad Viewer" Info window.

Click on the Properties tab.
    Change the identifier from com.gendaigames.gamesaladviewer to: com.YOURNAME.gamesaladviewer
    (I believe this needs to match the one you made in iTunes Connect)

Next, switch to the Build tab.
    In the little search field at the top, type "code sign"
    You SHOULD now be able to select the Code Signing Identity
    hi firemaple. Your instructions worked great! I was able to select my code sign id from the dropdown menu. Unfortunately, I'm still experiencing issues. After I selected my code sign id, i tried to build and run. Now I get this message

"The iPhone “myphone” doesn’t have the provisioning profile with which the application was signed.

Click “Install and Run” to install the provisioning profile on “myphone” and continue running “GameSalad Viewer.app”.

any ideas?
    yeah, mine says that sometimes too.

just click install and run. does it work?

you can also drag your provisioning profiles to XCode, although I don't know if that does anything.
    uggghh! still not working. I clicked intstall and run, and it simply fails. The status at the bottom of xcode says that it failed to upload gamesalad viewer app.
    just making sure, you dragged your provisioning profile to iTunes?
    it might have something to do with your keychain? Although I'm not sure.

that's about the limit of my knowledge on the subject, perhaps somebody else can help?
  • maniraptormaniraptor Member Posts: 81
    This sounds reminiscent of a problem I had recently when I was re-installing the viewer app after letting the profile expire (d'oh). The new provisioning profile that I had dragged into Xcode and iTunes wasn't being recognized on the phone. It appeared to be updated in Xcode, and the build to the phone would be successful - according to Xcode. But when I opened the app on the phone I would get a "no matching provisioning profile" error.

So - different circumstances but a similar problem to yours, BUT what worked for me might work for you.

It was this: I went into my phone directly through the Settings > General > Profiles (scroll down, it's below the fold, so to speak) menu and deleted the affected profile. (Actually, I deleted all of them. Because I getting really frustrated and felt like slash-and-burn was the best approach. Ahem.) Then I downloaded and added the new/valid profiles I had made to iTunes and Xcode. I checked the code signing and bundle info - everything was good. I built the app onto the phone et voila! It launched without a problem.

If the above doesn't work - also try cleaning your target before building.
    An update on this post:
    Thanks so much for all your help on this problem.
    I did finally get my viewer built.
    maniraptor- I think your answer is what did it. I also had accidentally selected distribution sign instead of developer. whoops!