guys rate my art .

salah.rahalsalah.rahal Member Posts: 121
hey guys i was working on my game art and here what i cam up with
http://shy22.com/upfiljpg/4xx61828.jpg
what do you think and any sujestions ???
and its going to be like photo puzzle slider game and i dont know to do sliding pieces system yet so pleas any one can help help meeeeeeeeeeee

Answers

• andrewm2211andrewm2211 Member Posts: 341
    I think it's great! Looks very tasteful, and professional. The lens flare is nice, obviously finessed and not the default settings
    I would put a gradient, or something fading from the bottom up, so there's some information there and it's not just black.

For a sliding pieces I would constrain the Y value, to where you want it to be, and have the X value follow your touch.

If you need more detailed help, we need a more detailed decription of what you want to do. Maybe a sketch?
  • Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,273
    Looks good but needs more activity. :) keep going!
  • MoonMouseMoonMouse Member Posts: 75
    Looking great @Sahal.rahal

If anything, I'd suggest giving the title a little more depth, a little more "punch", so to speak. Perhaps try seeing what it would look like with a steel-texture overlay. The lens flare looks awesome, but it needs to create a greater effect on the text itself. Maybe try edging some of the letters in blue, as to create a sharp, reflective look.

As for the bottom boxes, it'd probably be best to change the font used. Copperplate Gothic is a bit too recognizable in my opinion, and it doesn't convey the streamlined, clean look you seem to be going for.

Hope this helps :)
  • fadamionfadamion Member, PRO Posts: 309
    edited June 2012
    I would say it is very nice. Might want to try a light drop shadow on the buttons and make sure the fonts are centered on the buttons they look a bit off. Also if i were you have a blue highlight state for the buttons like a nice glow matching the flare. Remember simple is good.
  • TechNoirTechNoir Member, PRO Posts: 117
    Fairly cool,, Id reduce the flare a bit,, its a bit over powering... maybe lighten the text for PhotoSlider perhaps.. increase the drop shadow on the separate parts of the word 'slider'.. if you lighten the text match the outline of the text boxs with the same colour.. but I like the clean look overall.. good work..
  • salah.rahalsalah.rahal Member Posts: 121
    tkx alote guys for the the great rate ... i will see what i can change beci am not verry good at ps
    http://shy22.com/upfilpng/bnj54799.png

GUYS WHAT DO YOU THINK NOW ... nad if the font is not good name one form e beci am confused about wich one to use

tkx again guys i realy needed your rates
  • scitunesscitunes Member, Sous Chef Posts: 4,047
    This doesn't look like a game to me. The name doesn't suggest a game either. The art is fine. Nice and polished, but I don't think it works very well as a photo game. I would assume it is some photo editing app or something.
  • ZoytZoyt Member Posts: 374
    This doesn't look like a game to me. The name doesn't suggest a game either. The art is fine. Nice and polished, but I don't think it works very well as a photo game. I would assume it is some photo editing app or something.
    100% agree. To me it sounds like a photo portfolio app, but I have to say, the art is absolutely wonderful. No doubt about that.
  • andrewm2211andrewm2211 Member Posts: 341
    I think the buttons need to be less conventional and more stylized and that would flare things up.

Everything's technically solid , but it doesn't have a lot of personality.

Sorry if I sound like a D-bag
    I think the buttons need to be less conventional and more stylized and that would flare things up.

Everything's technically solid , but it doesn't have a lot of personality.

Sorry if I sound like a D-bag
    no you dont sound like dbag ...i apreciate your rate bec i need to know is art gd or no
    and i will try to change what i can and poste it again

cheers .
  • LumpAppsLumpApps Member Posts: 2,881
    Looks nice. The style looks something for a more technical app. I don't know if that is your intension.

Try to vertical center the text in the button better.
    It's not on te same hight on all of them either.
  • ZoytZoyt Member Posts: 374
    In my opinion, with art this good, I wouldn't be worrying about the art anymore. In fact, unless you're trying to raise money or gain publicity for your game by posting a work in progress thread, you should save the art, sound, and music for last. Just my opinion.
    Good luck!
    -Zoyt