What type of graphics do you prefer for your games

ZoytZoyt Member Posts: 374

Comments

• xforcexforce Member Posts: 187
    "bitmap/raster" should be where vector is. once the image goes to png format it ceases to be a vector object
  • Fabri DamazioFabri Damazio Member Posts: 97
    Graphical style is a form of expression. You should never limit yourself. The styles I would choose vary from game to game.
    I agree 100%.

P.S = but i'm little tired of cartoon games. There's a toon using this graphic style.
  • LumpAppsLumpApps Member Posts: 2,881
    I can never get enough of cartoon games. Especially when it looks old skool. Also @oldkipper style is very appealing. It shows real craftsmanship.
    But that's my opinion.
    Pseudo 3d is nice too. Argh! I like them all when done well. I guess the only think I don't like is the doodle stuff.
  • Fabri DamazioFabri Damazio Member Posts: 97
    @LudwigHeijden

My problem sometimes with cartoon style games is that sometimes it's a cheap cartoon graphics.

Cartoon is the easiest way to make graphics when done in a poor way.
  • MarkOnTheIronMarkOnTheIron Member Posts: 1,447
    I choose Pixel Art because I absolutely love it and because I absolutely sucks at it. I have ideas for a couple of great games that would look stunning with Pixel Art but it is so hard to create it, it takes sooo much time :)

• Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,273
    I love vector art - however, I don't always use it.
  • ZoytZoyt Member Posts: 374
    Graphical style is a form of expression. You should never limit yourself. The styles I would choose vary from game to game.
    I agree too. I meant to put "most often" in the title, but I'm on an iPhone, so I can't edit it. In fact, in doing pixel art for my fist game I'm nearing finishing. At, first, is was freaking out, so I made my main character 5000x5000 pixels.

• shebhntshebhnt Member Posts: 74
    I love pixels but I also love hand drawn feeling to games. I will admit that it is fun to just pull out a pad of graph paper and start drawing lines as if each box was a pixel.
  • poorcollegedevpoorcollegedev Member Posts: 289
    Pixel art for me...just looks cooler
  • LeonardDeveloperLeonardDeveloper Member Posts: 4,630
    I chose vector; Simply because I love to see it in games; However one should not limit ones choices to one style, It really corresponds to the different game types,
  • LumpAppsLumpApps Member Posts: 2,881

Cartoon is the easiest way to make graphics when done in a poor way.
    And perhaps the hardest when done right.
    No offence but a lot of vector art I see is mere technique. While getting your own hand (signature) in drawing takes years.

Pixel art is indeed a difficult technique. It is simulair to cartography. You have to simplify the object as much as possible and keep it recognizable.