How to Add GS ANALOG controls to my current game?

AdamgoproAdamgopro Member Posts: 310
edited June 2012 in Working with GS (PC)
How do i add the default gamesalad analog/button controls to my own scenes without re-creating them...? which files do i need to move? is this possible?

Best Answers

• ZoytZoyt Posts: 374
    Accepted Answer
    The other method I almost mentioned, but meant buying 2 of DBA's apps (which is not a bad thing). Here's the other way:
    1. Get GSMerger here and merge the "Official Cross-Platform Controller Template" found in the welcome screen with your app.
    2. Get GSSceneMerger here and create as many copies of the controller you want as there are scenes you want with those controllers. Then merge each of your game scenes with the controller scenes, and there are your scenes with the controllers.
    3. Good luck! My other way is probably cheaper and much easier.
    Hope that helps!
  • ZoytZoyt Posts: 374
    Accepted Answer
    Oh... I forgot another meathod - Some people decide to make a base level with the controls that you duplicate to make other levels. But that's if you haven't started your game yet.

Answers

• AdamgoproAdamgopro Member Posts: 310
    Bump.
  • ZoytZoyt Member Posts: 374
    Hi. I think I understand what your saying, but correct me if I'm wrong. In my game, I have a mechanism where I have one actor that will automatically spawn all the controls of the game on the screen for each level, so I only have to drag in one actor for each screen for a the controls. I might share it as a template eventually, so keep an eye out.
  • The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Member Posts: 9,922
    Do you mean the template. The only way is to use deep blue apps project merger do a google search for that name.
  • AdamgoproAdamgopro Member Posts: 310
    @zoyt excellent thanks !