Meetup with GameSalad!

LaurenSaladLaurenSalad Inactive, Chef Emeritus Posts: 650
edited June 2012 in Conferences and Events
Hey guys!

In effort to make this awesome community even MORE AWESOME, we have created a GameSalad Meetup organization page!

We encourage GameSalad developers to join, engage, and propose meetups in your local area. The GameSalad team will also use Meetup to organize official GameSalad sponsored hang outs where you can hang out with our staff.

For our seasoned GameSalad developers, the Meetup community will be a great way to connect with other developers, share ideas, and work on projects together. Try organizing a local tutorial session where you can show off your skills and teach others. Or maybe you just want to set up a happy hour to hang out and talk about game development? That's awesome too!

If you are new to GameSalad, the Meetup community will be a great way to find other game developers in your area and learn more about how to use the tool.

Ready to join in on the fun? Visit our Meetup page at http://www.meetup.com/GameSalad and register to join. It is completely free to join and participate.

Comments

• Barking_AppsBarking_Apps Member Posts: 182
    this sounds like a great idea... a chance to speak to the legends in person.

BarkingApps :o3
  • Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,271
    Awesome, I joined in.
  • EatingMyHatEatingMyHat Member Posts: 1,246
    On a plane at that time, it's a shame it is not one day sooner... well, maybe next time, just have a couple of Valencia Wheat on my behalf.
  • ZoytZoyt Member Posts: 374
    YES! This is a great idea! I'm looking forward to finding people in my area. Thanks a lot!
  • LaurenSaladLaurenSalad Inactive, Chef Emeritus Posts: 650
    Hey!

I am super excited to see the interest so far with our GameSalad meetup group and the idea of taking some of these great relationships to a more face-to-face level.

Even better yet, using Meetup could allow GameSalad devs to spread the word about the magic of code-less game design and meet other development junkies in your area. You could be the expert and teach others. You could meet business partners for future projects. Or you could also just make great friends with people that share the same passions you do.

If you are unfamiliar with Meetup, watching this video is a good place to start:

We've already got two great meet up events proposed:

1. WWDC GameSalad Community Meetup: http://www.meetup.com/GameSalad/events/67893492/

2. Discuss Games & Possible Collaborations at the Mall of America in Bloomington, MN
    http://www.meetup.com/GameSalad/events/67967152/

Check these out. RSVP. Or propose your own meetup in your area.
    And help us spread the word about these great events.

See the Share Options in the upper right hand corner of the event? Use them! :)
  • LeonardDeveloperLeonardDeveloper Member Posts: 4,630
    Would be lovely if you guys had a hub somewhere in europe... But my guess is your not expanding out of the US yet?
  • LaurenSaladLaurenSalad Inactive, Chef Emeritus Posts: 650
    As for another office, we have no current places to expand.

However, the cool thing about Meetup, is that any GameSalad member can start a Meetup location in any area that they live in.

Maybe if you plan a Meetup and it gets large enough- I can twist some arms into us making a visit out there! I would love to visit Europe! ;)
  • LeonardDeveloperLeonardDeveloper Member Posts: 4,630
    As for another office, we have no current places to expand.

However, the cool thing about Meetup, is that any GameSalad member can start a Meetup location in any area that they live in.

Maybe if you plan a Meetup and it gets large enough- I can twist some arms into us making a visit out there! I would love to visit Europe! ;)
    Me - lol I'd love to but I'm from Ireland and theres currently 3 GS users from Ireland ;) But a Uk meet up would be great! - Lemme see what I can do