Turning off notifications during a game

greerm2greerm2 Member Posts: 1
Hi everyone,
I am currently learning gamesalad and making my own pong game just to learn the basics. When I receive a text, the notification appears at the top of the screen and gets in the way of game play. I was wondering if there was a way to turn off the notifications while playing the game or pause the game when a text message comes through.
Thanks
Mason

Comments

• master200012master200012 Member Posts: 372
    Typically, I believe the user/customer has the option of enabling or disabling notifications when the open the app for the first time. Otherwise, I believe it is out of your control.

Congrats on picking GS and good luck!
  • jckmcgrawjckmcgraw Member Posts: 647
    @master200012

This is irrelevant, but I love your signature! =))

Jack
    glad you like it!

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

I hope your page lags...
    glad you like it!

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

I hope your page lags...
  • tenrdrmertenrdrmer Member, Sous Chef, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 9,934
    @greerm2 No you have no control over this. That is a setting the user has to set for their device as a whole and cannot be application specific.
  • EatingMyHatEatingMyHat Member Posts: 1,246
    Actually, even with Xcode you cannot control it. It is part of the OS.

In general, I would be very pissed off if I'll learn that a game blocked my notifications...