Looking for a programmer to develop a game.

protopopeusprotopopeus Member Posts: 2
Greetings fellow !
I'm very new in this so my experience is closed to 0...
That's why I'm looking for someoane to help me developing a game.
The game will be something very similar to the famous Angry Birds, but with some small differences.
Characters will be different.
Landscapes will be similar.
Movement will be kind of similar (slingshot will shoot a little faster).
50 levels.
We need a similar scoreboard.

All graphics will be provided by me.

Someone interested ?
We're talking about a paid job, of course.

I know that after the first scenes (meaning the first level) things become easier because scenes will be much copied, just changing some actors in each next scene, but even so I'm not able to do alone the job.

Thank you !

Answers

• JohnPapiomitisJohnPapiomitis Member Posts: 6,256
    Shoot me an email. Its in my signature.

cheers
  • MetzoPainoMetzoPaino Member Posts: 195
    So you basically want to clone Angry Birds?

Ethics aside that doesn't seem very smart from a business perspective because Angry Birds is so cheap people will just buy that.
  • JustMe74JustMe74 Member, PRO Posts: 542
    Are you designing the levels too, or are you wanting the person who takes this job to do level design. What about sound effects and music?
  • protopopeusprotopopeus Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for replies...

John, message sent...

Metzo, I don't understand what you mean at the end. You mean Angry Birds is so cheap then people will buy it and mine no ?
    Mine will be something else despite appearances, you'll see...

JustMe74, what you mean with levels ? You mean the image(s) wich appears at the end of each and every level ? Then - Yes !
    Sound effects and musics, unfortunately, I don't have much, so it's a good idea to keep in mind that guy who accept the job will have to get by their own this stuff.
  • JustMe74JustMe74 Member, PRO Posts: 542
    @protopopeus - I mean, the layout of each level. Level design is very time consuming; I'd assume that it will take more work than the actual coding for this particular project.

I might be interested in this project -- ariel at lintgames.com if you'd like to discuss via email.
  • outsidethebyteoutsidethebyte Member Posts: 115
    You can visit my website at http://www.outsidethebyte.com. Contact info there.
  • morphinegamingmachinemorphinegamingmachine Member, PRO Posts: 449
    Email me at
    MorphineGamingMachine(at)aol.com
    I would love to discuss the implications and expectations of this project. I have done several paid coding projects before and would be glad to show you examples
  • CaramelTigerClanCaramelTigerClan Member Posts: 143
    Email at

carameltigerclan at gmail.com if you would care to discuss further with me on this prospective project! :)
  • LanoLano Member Posts: 18
    Just wondering, how much this will cost... :P