I Made A Free iBook On Game Sound & Music

MetzoPainoMetzoPaino Member Posts: 195
I've made an iBook about videogame sound & music, which is free, and I thought some people hear might like to give it a read. Perhaps it will be enlightening for those who aren't musicians to see how much sound and music can enhance your games.

http://itunes.apple.com/gb/book/aesthetics-videogame-sound/id508567380?mt=11

Comments

• bjandthekatzbjandthekatz Orlando, FlMember Posts: 1,375
    hey how did you make the actual book? Can you post a tutorial?
  • MetzoPainoMetzoPaino Member Posts: 195
    I used Apple's free iBook author software. You can get it on the App Store, it's very easy to use, but if you have any specific problems I can do my best to help.
  • jamie_cjamie_c ImagineLabs.rocks Member, PRO Posts: 5,772
    Downloading it now... Have you self published books before or is this your first one? I've been thinking about self publishing and am curious how/what your experience has been so far?

Jamie
  • MetzoPainoMetzoPaino Member Posts: 195
    This is my first one, though I would like to do more. I've not put too much effort into marketing this one because it's free, and was made as a university project.

Apple are strict about what gets put up. In the intro I wrote "I hope you like this iBook" and I got rejected because Apple doesn't like iBooks to be called iBooks inside iBooks, they must be called Books. Everything also needs to look professional, which is thankfully very easy with iBook Author.
  • bijubiju Member Posts: 1
    Hi tried to download it in bangalore, india. unfortunately available only in US itunes ! how sad !