How do I Animate a character ?

mnaseertariqmnaseertariq Member Posts: 62
Hello

I am new here learning GS i want to know that,I wana animate a character,please tell me when i create my art in photoshop and i have to animate it here in photoshop or in GS.If yes from PS,then i have to export a single img as GIF or PNG from PS to GS? when i have that character in GS how i can move it here,ruuning it or walk it hope you will understand it actually i am not good in english. my apologies

Best Answers

• jn2002dkjn2002dk Posts: 102
    Accepted Answer
    You have to make all your individual animation frames in an external image editor like photoshop and export each one separately
  • simo103simo103 Posts: 1,331
    Accepted Answer
    @mnaseertariq ... yes you will ned to make your art in photoshop and export each image as a .PNG with transparent backgrounds. You can then open GameSalad and drag all those images into the images panel. Create an Actor and add the Animate Behavior. Then drag your images into that Behavior .... Note: occasionally the images get out of order so you may want to drag one by one into the Animate behavior to make sure of the order.
  • LanoLano Posts: 18
    Accepted Answer
    ... and don't forget to ensure your PNG images in 72dpi.
  • ChobbifaceChobbiface Posts: 491
    Accepted Answer
    You could try an animation software like Anime Studio, fairly straightforward to use and relatively cheap

Answers

• mnaseertariqmnaseertariq Member Posts: 62
    You have to make all your individual animation frames in an external image editor like photoshop and export each one separately
    Thanks bro will be back when i hv any other problem
    @mnaseertariq ... yes you will ned to make your art in photoshop and export each image as a .PNG with transparent backgrounds. You can then open GameSalad and drag all those images into the images panel. Create an Actor and add the Animate Behavior. Then drag your images into that Behavior .... Note: occasionally the images get out of order so you may want to drag one by one into the Animate behavior to make sure of the order.
    thanks bro i love it will be back to you when i have face an other problem take care
    ... and don't forget to ensure your PNG images in 72dpi.
    Sure
    thanks bro i love it will be back to you when i have face an other problem take care
    One more thing if you dont mind,will you tell me any easy way/Tool to make any kind of animation for my game or app?
    @simo103 If you tell me any easy way or Tool to make any animation for my app or game i shall be very thankful to you

You could try an animation software like Anime Studio, fairly straightforward to use and relatively cheap
    @Chobbiface thanks will try it