Auto-Sized Actors

GeikamirGeikamir Member Posts: 21
edited June 2012 in Working with GS (PC)
Hello fellow Game Saladers, this is first post. I'm one of the dreaded new Windows recruits. ;)

I've been watching the Youtube tutorials and making adjustments where needed to suit those instructions to the new interface. Whenever I have a question I've just come on to the forum and looked around and so far I have found the answer I was looking for (like the IE9 error- for example).

The one issue I keep having and can't seem to find an answer to is: When I bring in a new actor/image into a scene it, for some reason, wants to always become a squared image instead of the original size of the file. This happens with everything, whether it's the background image or the moving-part actors. Big or small, it resizes them.

Now, I'm sure I'm missing something very obvious. I just can't seem to find out how to get the actors/images to be the size they were originally intended to be (without the need to manually resize each one from the boxed form that it provides).

If one of you guys could point me in the right direction I'd be very grateful. Thanks in advance!

Answers

• HapiappsHapiapps Member Posts: 373
    Drag the image you want to use into the actors menu with the other actors and a new actor will be created with that image, and the same size.
  • GeikamirGeikamir Member Posts: 21
    The same size at what? The other actors? So there is no option to let the image stay the dimensions that I saved/created the image as?

I'll try to explain what I mean a little better. I'm doing the Youtube tutorial "Creating an iPhone App start to finish..." When I bring in a background image into the actor pane is 120.0000. It doesn't check to see what size the file originally was. The same thing happens when I try to bring in the ball and platform. They auto-size to 120.0000 exactly, every time. I can't find any option to turn off that predetermined size restriction and just let the image come in at the size I created it at.
  • GeikamirGeikamir Member Posts: 21
    Ok, thanks.

Do you know if this is a planned permanent feature or will it change over time as the beta continues?