Update rejected because of IAP - Restore issue

Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,271
Hey Guys,

Last week I sent in an update for Frozen Finder.
All I did was tweak some stuff and add a review option, etc.

Today, it got rejected because it doesn't have a "Restore" button.
I understand what the restore button does, but here is the weird part: All of my IAP are consumable.

Now why would Apple tell me to put a Restore button in a game that only has consumable IAP?

Has this happened to anybody else?
Should I just send it back in and see if it gets through this next time?

Thanks guys,
Bray

Comments

• RacetotheMoonRacetotheMoon Member Posts: 323
    edited June 2012
    Appeal the reason it was kicked back saying all the IAPs are consumable. It's likely the person reviewing the app didn't give it enough time to see that they were consumable rather than just looking at the IAP page and assuming that it should be kicked due to having no visible restore button. Of course, I would double check everything on your end too just to be sure.
  • Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,271
    @RacetotheMoon - I have replied to their statement, but they are still saying I need a Restore button.

I have triple checked my end, they are all Consumable IAP...

• HapiappsHapiapps Member Posts: 373
    Or you can make a button that just resets the attributes to how they originally were. (Do what they say.) Is there a reason you don't want to add one or is it the work involved?
    @Hapiapps - How would you restore a consumable IAP? I don't think there is a way.

Are you suggesting that I just put a button in there that does nothing?
  • Yes Please GamesYes Please Games Member, PRO Posts: 21

Sorry for reviving an old thread.. @Braydon_SFX How did you fix this? Did you add a restore button that does nothing?

@Ddpchief said:
    Sorry for reviving an old thread.. Braydon_SFX How did you fix this? Did you add a restore button that does nothing?

I simply put a restore button on the scene and it made it through the review process. It really had no meaning to be there as all of my IAP were consumable.

• mshuraih mshuraih Member, PRO Posts: 179

I have same issue ,, seems apple wanting us to make account for player where if they buy coins ( consumable ) and used these coins to unlock goods in the game ( if these goods are non consumable like level or a new car or new hero character ) then they need to have the ability to access these virtual goods from different devices ! .. of course we need serfur and user account to do that which does not make sense ..

Closing. :)

This discussion has been closed.