I can't run GameSalad

joyairjoyair Member Posts: 6
edited June 2012 in Working with GS (PC)
Hi Team GameSalad,

I can't run GameSalad after install,it said that: GameSalad is not running.

Please help,thank you!

Best regards,
Dan

Answers

• ricksimasricksimas Member Posts: 1
    Having the same problem.

Clicking anywhere in the window does nothing, I have to close it with Task Manager.
  • The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Member Posts: 9,922
  • jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408
    you really need to post more details when you have a problem. that's like saying my car is broken, fix it. :)

what os are you running?
    post a screenshot of the error
  • joyairjoyair Member Posts: 6
    Hi all,

I run it under win7. After install, I run GameSalad,but it popped out a window saying that: GameSalad is not running.and two options at the bottom of the window: 1:Check online for a solution and close the program 2:Close the program
    Here is more information:

Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
    You need to be on windows 7.
    I run it under win7. After install, I run GameSalad,but it popped out a window saying that: GameSalad is not running.and two options at the bottom of the window: 1:Check online for a solution and close the program 2:Close the program
    you really need to post more details when you have a problem. that's like saying my car is broken, fix it. :)

what os are you running?
    post a screenshot of the error
  • WarrenWWarrenW Member Posts: 22
    What version of GS is everyone using to have these problems? Didn't they release a new version June 15th or around then that fixed many of these problems?
  • sanyiesszsanyiessz Member Posts: 3
    Matroska Splitter mandatory prerequisite was not correctly installed!! Can you help me??? I don't know what to do?
  • sanyiesszsanyiessz Member Posts: 3
    *!
  • meagankaemeagankae Member Posts: 1
    Hi Dan, I had the same problem but discovered this is what happens. When you launch the .exe file it appears that an identical .exe file launches at the same time.
    Another .exe files does launch but it is for the matroksa splitter.
    It is very confusing and a badly programmed install package, however just say yes and agree to everything and the software should install.
  • linkstudioslinkstudios Member Posts: 4
    I solved it and i can run on Windows 8, steps to use:
    0)Execute the gamesalad installer as administrator, and say ok to all, it doesnt install but it create a important folder that you need to repare in next step
    1)Download MatroskaSplitter.exe manually from the oficial web page
    2)Enter on you appdata folder clicking "Windows+R" and writting "appdata"
    3)Enter to Roaming->Gamesalad->Gamesalad Creator->prerequisites-> and reemplace the matroskasplitter.exe by your downloaded MatroskSplitter.exe
    4)Execute another time the gamesalad installer as ADMINISTRATOR
    5) Comment if it works!!
  • StardogStardog Member Posts: 1
    Same problem...Why does it require a media splitter if most people won't be putting AVI's etc in their programs? It should start complaining only when you go to import this stuff.

linkstudio's solution doesn't work because there is no Gamesalad folder in Roaming.

Please fix your installer.
  • 35avind35avind Member Posts: 4

I am having the same problem. Can anyone help, please? I have tried downloading matroska splitter directly from Haali. In fact, the Gamesalad installer tells me that a new version of matroska is already installed but fails to install itself. I get a message "matroska splitter mandatory prerequisite was not correctly installed". It is quite frustrating. Any help will be much appreciated.

Hello LinkStudio - I have read and tried to follow your steps but the fact is that GS doesn't create any folder; it stops installation after giving "matroska splitter mandatory prerequisite was not correctly installed" message. Therefore, I can't possibly change appdata.

• YoYoNoYo555YoYoNoYo555 Member Posts: 1

I installed the windows 7 version because I am running windows 7. I opened it and I got this message. [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/DpJoSju.jpg[/IMG] I also installed that same other windows 7 offline version and got the same error message. Please Help! :D