Game crash at scene 11 only in adhoc

rommaromma Member Posts: 114
edited June 2012 in Working with GS (Mac)
Hi guys,

Whats the common mistakes or issues that can cause a game to crash when entering a scene? This only happens to my adhoc version.

Thanks!z

Best Answers

Answers

• GraphicWarehouseGraphicWarehouse Member Posts: 927
    usually it has to much going on, try getting rid of unused actors,images, and code
  • rommaromma Member Posts: 114
    Its an action scene, but not much going on to be honest. The crash happens when you go from scene to scene.
  • rommaromma Member Posts: 114
    Thanks guys, it must be that. A rule. I thought jt was maybe a common thing.
  • 95orange95orange PRO Posts: 18
    iPad 1 or older iPhone? What you are describing sounds exactly like a too much memory issue. It can sneak up on you because of non-optimal graphic sizes, using animation or image swapping, timers, constrains, etc. But it usually is the graphics or animation/image changes in my experience.

Two things:
    1) Check how much memory you are using by running the game through the GS viewer. You'll see the memory change as you go from scene to scene.
    2) Uncheck "preload images" on all your actors. By not forcing preload, you allow the memory management to clear space as needed. At least that's how it seems to me. If this fixes it, then just try to optimize your memory usage using the techniques that can be found in this forum..