Movement

ddavila23ddavila23 Member Posts: 5
Hi Guys,

I'm seriously new to Game Development with GameSalad. Before I posted I looked everywhere but didn't found what I was looking for.

I have a Car with a road that has two lanes. The car starts in the left lane and I'm looking to move it to the right lane after is touched. Now I know how to do this but I want to touch it again and move it back to the left lane and if I touch it again the car moves once again to the right lane. Think you guys can help me? Thanks

Best Answer

• EatingMyHatEatingMyHat Posts: 1,246
    Accepted Answer
    if you managed to do the rule to move it to the right lane you should be able to do it for the left... basically:

If touched
    if in the right lane location
    move to left location
    otherwise
    move to right location

Answers

• ddavila23ddavila23 Member Posts: 5
    So I basically have to create two separate rules and I will have to identify the position for right and left lane right?
    Sorry for the double Post guys...

So here is another problem...If I continue to touch the car it continues to go to the right side making the Actor go outside the scene. Think you can help me out?
  • EatingMyHatEatingMyHat Member Posts: 1,246
    your rules should be nested.

What to you use to move the car to the left/right position?
    Actor receives event...touch is pressed.

Move...Direction to 0..Speed 300.

And for the right side.

Direction 180 speed 300.
    you need to make sure that the Move stops executing when you get to the X position that it needs to stop, so add that to your rule
    Can you tell me how to do this?
    How do you decide if to move left or right?