Any Sales Advice

iWiniWin Member Posts: 334
Hey Guys. I have in total 4 apps in the App Store;
Mighty Miyo- Free
Galaxy Warfare- .99
Dragon Snail- .99
Dragon Snail Lite- Free

-My problem is that when my app first comes out, it does great (well for me). It sells around 10 for each app but after a few days my sales drop by half or even by 75%. So basically i only have one app on the app store because as soon as my second one is in the store, my first one doesnt sell anymore.

____ANY ADVICE____

Comments

• JamesZeppelinJamesZeppelin Member Posts: 1,927
    What makes you download an app when you are browsing the app store?
  • synthesissynthesis Member Posts: 1,693
    You're sales are probably dropping off because all apps see their best sales rates at initial release because the app store is organized by default by "Most Recent" so your initial exposure is at its best at first release.

One thing you can do is advertise your other games within other apps.

I recommend that you make 1 or 2 of them free...then advertise your best game within the free apps and perhaps your long term total combined sales will increase.

Free games usually get played 500-1000+ times more than paid games. This means that you will have TONS more people playing those free apps...and thereby...the exposure in your free game can help place your other cool game titles in front of a captive audience.

Try this common technique and you might see sales improvements. However...I recommend to NOT advertise within paid apps...as this tends to irritate people. But a little advertising in the "about" section of a game is common, whether it is paid or not.
  • KempProductionsKempProductions Member Posts: 139
    iWin, another way to advertise is to start a thread about your game on several forums. Although this really only helps for a couple of days. But it still lets a lot of people know about your game. TouchArcade is the best site to start a thread, there are thousands of people who visit the site everyday. I did this and i had 52 downloads the first day, but then it dropped off to 17, then 14, and yesterday i only had 5.
  • iWiniWin Member Posts: 334
    Yeah I see what you guys are saying.
    -I have a question on advertising my paid game on the free games.
    -How can i make it so they can directly go onto the app store when they click on the game im adverstising. That would be really helpful.

THANKS
  • scitunesscitunes Member, Sous Chef Posts: 4,047
    you need the pro GS for linking to the appstore
  • StormyStudioStormyStudio United KingdomMember Posts: 3,989
    right click on the logo of your game in itunes, save shortcut, paste the address in the forums....of if you search this forum, there is another way which produces a shorter address...
  • scitunesscitunes Member, Sous Chef Posts: 4,047
    Woops! iWin, I thought you meant in the in-app advertising. Obviously you don't need pro GS for making a link in a forum. my bad!
    no scitunes you are right. I did mean that.

PS. WOW touch arcade is so packed. So many views and responces.. I love it
    hey is there any other websites that you guys use to give away promo code. I found that toucharcade is a really good one. I was jw if there were any other good ones..

tHANKS
  • JamesZeppelinJamesZeppelin Member Posts: 1,927
    Promo code dispenser
  • UtopianGamesUtopianGames Member Posts: 5,692
    Within seconds your front page game on Touch Arcade will get dropped to the 2nd or 3rd page and have less of an impact, the only way to get the max exposure is to spam (sad but true).

I think we should have a GS support feature here where as when we submit new content to TA we al take it in turns to keep the post fresh and keep it on the 1st page of the forums lol.

Darren.
    So basically you need to write like 100 threads about your game so it gets noticed.
  • firemaplegamesfiremaplegames Member Posts: 3,211
    If people think that your game is great, they will keep posting about it too.
    oh thats good...
  • KempProductionsKempProductions Member Posts: 139
    Yeah, I found it was hard to keep it going. But my game thread had about 900 views!