How to add a save game option help

Pennez-GamesPennez-Games Member Posts: 107
edited July 2012 in Working with GS (Mac)
I am working on an iphone game, its going good so far because of all of everyones help here at gamesalad,
But i need a way to save the game and then later continue the game from where you last saved,
without this option it would be very anoying :/ i hope you can help! thanks

Answers

• JamieOneilJamieOneil Member Posts: 877
    There is a "save attribute" and "load attribute" behaviour.
    Just save all the attributes when you press a save button, and load them in the main menu.
    If its a game where you want to save the players position, then just save the X&Y.
  • Pennez-GamesPennez-Games Member Posts: 107
    There is a "save attribute" and "load attribute" behaviour.
    Just save all the attributes when you press a save button, and load them in the main menu.
    If its a game where you want to save the players position, then just save the X&Y.
    I want to save the current game progress, so where the character is and how much money he has earned ect....
    i made a new rule when touch bla bla bla then i added save atribute but i dont know what to do it says

save[ ]
    as[ ]

What do i do here?
  • JustMe74JustMe74 Member, PRO Posts: 542
    You save the attribute in a "key", which is another variable that you name.

So you save Money as mny (or whatever you want to call the key). THen you'll Load mny to Money when you start your game.
  • Pennez-GamesPennez-Games Member Posts: 107

So you save Money as mny (or whatever you want to call the key). THen you'll Load mny to Money when you start your game.
    Alright i think i know what you meen so what i want to do is save the money from that level, so yeh pretty much ill try this method later when i have time, thanks!
  • edhogshireedhogshire Member, PRO Posts: 12
    edited March 2014

I still don't understand how to create an attribute that allows your to save your progress. Any chance you could include a screen shot or sample project?

• exflosionexflosion Member Posts: 2

@JustMe74 said:

Very good information! Appreciate it! Thank you!

• CodeMonsterCodeMonster ACT, AustraliaMember Posts: 1,078

i dont understand why everyone bumps up threads that are years old.....

• GeohiGeohi Member Posts: 2
    edited December 2014

@CodeMonster said:
    i dont understand why everyone bumps up threads that are years old.....

because they found the thread on the search feature (that admins so often suggest) and reply to it?

• andre_ovstedalandre_ovstedal Member Posts: 11

Is this supposed to work inside the gamesalad creator or only when published? tried setting up a boolean to be saved.
    Save attribute
    game.level1complete to lvlcomplete
    load attribute
    lvlcomplete to game.level1complete

didn't seem to work :|

• The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Member Posts: 9,922

Saves only happen on device. When you stop preview everything goes back to default conditions.

• GeorgeGSGeorgeGS Member, PRO Posts: 478

Save/Load works in preview, but it is only persistent for that preview session, so stopping preview and restarting it is just like uninstalling and reinstalling on a device.