Working with attribute tables in Windows GS

daniel.robert.campbelldaniel.robert.campbell Member Posts: 251
edited July 2012 in Working with GS (PC)
I'm not really sure how to work with the tables in the Windows version of the client. I'm trying to update a cell in the table with an actor's position, but when I click the table in the attribute selector, it doesn't give me any indication on how to select a specific row or column. Sorry, I'm a noob taco.

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-pfrZpDeQfbY/T_TZpI2UqGI/AAAAAAAAAvQ/waayYpnjLzE/s689/2012-07-04_1900.jpg

Best Answer

• tenrdrmertenrdrmer Posts: 9,934
    Accepted Answer
    After re reading the initial post what you want cannot be done yet in windows. The windows version does not have writeable tables.

In the future you will find the functions to access the table in the functions browser at the bottom of the backstage. You can use these now to access existing values just not edit them at this time.

Cheers

Answers

• tenrdrmertenrdrmer Member, Sous Chef, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 9,934
    In the MAc Creator you have to use a function of the expression editor to define what table Row and Column
  • daniel.robert.campbelldaniel.robert.campbell Member Posts: 251
    Right, but how do I input that information in the Windows client. I know on Mac it usually pops up something like (#.#) and then you put in the numbers. In Windows it never pops up any input box so I'm not sure how to input the data. :-(
  • DarkUndeadSpawnDarkUndeadSpawn Member Posts: 64
    Right, but how do I input that information in the Windows client. I know on Mac it usually pops up something like (#.#) and then you put in the numbers. In Windows it never pops up any input box so I'm not sure how to input the data. :-(
    Well you need to make a Constrain Attribute

Go to behaviors
    Then go to Persistant
    Drag it inside the actor you would like to add a constrain attribute to.

Then add the following info.

Hope that helps :)

Sincerly,
    DarkUndeadSpawn
    I've gotten that far without issues. I'm more having issues getting the information I need into the behavior field.
  • DarkUndeadSpawnDarkUndeadSpawn Member Posts: 64
    edited July 2012
    I've gotten that far without issues. I'm more having issues getting the information I need into the behavior field.

Follow this tutorial to sorta get an idea on how you may add info.

Hope that helps?

Sincerly,
    DarkUndeadSpawn
    It unfortunately doesn't help me much since it's not using the Windows client or tables. Thanks though.