'Lego' actors...

ChimoruChimoru Member, PRO Posts: 137
edited July 2012 in Working with GS (Mac)
Could you create square actors that can be moved by touch and connect via the top and bottom of other actors to create a 'lego' block system?

It seems like this would be possible with writeable tables, but any ideas?

Answers

• JustMe74JustMe74 Member, PRO Posts: 542
    I'm not sure why you'd need tables.
    These can be separate actors and can be spawned and then constrained based on the location of the body.
  • ChimoruChimoru Member, PRO Posts: 137
    But each actor would need to be able to connect to the top and bottom of every other actor and if the top-most actor in a connection is moved, that actor is disconnected. I don't think just spawns and constrains could do that, because you would need to know the relative positions of the actors that are connected to each other...
  • tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949
    Agree that you don't need tables for this. You would need a self attribute that determines "top" or "bottom" and then a rule in each lego piece that checks its location (above or below the other piece it is colliding with). You would broadcast both pieces x/y positions when they collide and then they could check.

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

• ChimoruChimoru Member, PRO Posts: 137
    I don't know if that system would be easy to implement though if you have more than two 'blocks'. Let me post a specific example of what kind of system I'mt rying to accomplish... Imagine this game mechanics, but using a touch system...

http://www.lego.com/build/junkbot/junkbot.asp?x=x&login=0
  • JustMe74JustMe74 Member, PRO Posts: 542
    It would certainly NOT be easy to implement, but it's possible.