Windows version is too confusing

prajpraj Member Posts: 68
edited July 2012 in Working with GS (PC)
I have been waiting for the windows version since the start of the year and now its finally out. However, i feel that things are quite crammed in the windows version. The mac version is less crammed. hopefully the stable version will sort this out

Comments

• HapiappsHapiapps Member Posts: 373
    They have been talking about how the interface will drastically change over the next few months but I'm comfortable with mac.
  • UtopianGamesUtopianGames Member Posts: 5,692
    I love the Mac layout loads better than the PC, i also found the PC to be "crammed" on my 17" laptop.

Darren.
  • fadamionfadamion Member, PRO Posts: 309
    I like mac ver. also :)
  • MSStudiosMSStudios Member Posts: 54
  • The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Member Posts: 9,922
    Yeah the windows UI is terrible other than backstage so you can see your code without leaving the scene.
  • prajpraj Member Posts: 68
    i cant get attributes working in windows. so i downloaded mac virtualbox and installed gamesalad in it.
  • kielhansonkielhanson Member Posts: 12
    Can the layout not be identical to the Mac version? It's so confusing when watching video tutorials and such as they're all created on the Mac version.
  • ericzingelerericzingeler Member Posts: 334
    You'll get used to it the more you use it. Navigation is better in Windows, but Rule building is better in Mac.
  • UtopianGamesUtopianGames Member Posts: 5,692
    Ohh no please dont make the mac version like the windows!!!

I spent a day with the pc version and didn't like it.

Darren.
  • prajpraj Member Posts: 68
    same. i just cant get attributes working in pc. i have to type out instead of clicking.... which i make errors sometimes. please dont let mac be pc. and better if have more features. my friend says stencyl is better but i will stick around for a while.
  • tenrdrmertenrdrmer Member, Sous Chef, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 9,934
    Yeah I really don't like using the windows version. The instantly seeing instance positions and sizes is great, but the Mac version was not that bad overall. It just needed some tweaking not a complete re working so that Laptop are no longer usable. Were not all big game studios that can afford multiple Machine setups. I have 1 laptop for all my needs. GameSalad needs to be designed with the small screens in mind.
  • crazycam99crazycam99 Paris, FranceMember Posts: 519
    I used the mac version since more than a year now and I think a big change of interface like that will cause people to get confused between the new and the old version. I like the mac interface better then the windows one. I used the windows one for 10 minutes and then abandoned. :(
  • RUPASRUPAS Member Posts: 823
    edited July 2012
    please do not make the Mac version like the windows!
  • Fal01Fal01 Member Posts: 460
    I agree,I dont have to think about where anything is on the Mac version. The Windows creator looks way too complicated for my work methods.

It’s not a bug – it’s an undocumented feature

• JustMe74JustMe74 Member, PRO Posts: 542
    Yeah I really don't like using the windows version. The instantly seeing instance positions and sizes is great, but the Mac version was not that bad overall. It just needed some tweaking not a complete re working so that Laptop are no longer usable. Were not all big game studios that can afford multiple Machine setups. I have 1 laptop for all my needs. GameSalad needs to be designed with the small screens in mind.
    This.
    Plus, I personally hate how the Windows version launches in full screen (at least it did when I first tried it; I haven't looked in a while). I have a 27" iMac and I rarely run anything in full screen.

• jamie_cjamie_c ImagineLabs.rocks Member, PRO Posts: 5,772
    I agree, please don't change the Mac interface to match the new Windows interface! If you're going to change the Mac interface at all please make it more Mac like/Mac friendly!
  • PBEmpirePBEmpire Member Posts: 676
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! my virtual machine crashed!!!! my save game which was almost completed was inside and it is now inaccessible. Any ideas on how to restore data? :((