flipping coins

kangaroogamingkangaroogaming Member Posts: 8
edited July 2012 in Working with GS (PC)
hi im just woundering A) how i would be able to flip a coin i have motion but it keeps going round in circles and B) when i finally get the coin to flip how do i make the imige on the other side of the coin like a coin should be if that makes scence
thanks in advance

Best Answer

• gotyoursgotyours Posts: 246
    Accepted Answer
    you need to have the head and tail image and i would use a side view to, put them in as a animation run it with a timer for how ever long you want and set it to random display of either heads or tails at the end it is a easy idea put kind of complex when you get into it, Mother house helped me with this when i 1st started it was a great learning experience for me i sent you a message send me your e-mail and i will send you a template for this that you can check out

Comments

• gotyoursgotyours Member Posts: 246
    you can download the finished product here in the app store- there is a promo code you can use to get it free-

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/head-or-tails-decision-maker/id531002552?ls=1&mt=8

RMM9TTF93PPW
  • RPRP Member Posts: 1,990
    edited July 2012
    Apple's Motion right? (or maybe I misunderstood when you said "I have motion").

If so, you only need a few keyframes of the spinning/flipping animation. You will need to align the two sides of the coin facing away from eachother with a slight offset on the Z axis. Check youtube for motion rotation effects. There are several vids out there that can show you how to do this. Once you get the animation set and your speed fps, export only enough frames to capture whats needed to loop the animation. You can loop the playback in motion for testing. Export those as png keyframes preserving the alpha chanel. When you bring them into GameSalad via the animation behavior, you can adjust the speed again there.

Just be forewarned that the animation sequences do not always import in proper order (even when properly numerically ordered, if this occurs just check the individual images in the behavior and drag them back in the proper order.
  • kangaroogamingkangaroogaming Member Posts: 8
    not apples motion im using windows when i say motion lets just say the coin moves in a circuler motion however my goal is to flip the coin
  • patapplepatapple Member Posts: 873
    You need to have a collission with other object for the coin?
    i dont know??.....all im trying to achiev is to flip a coin....yes im a newbe so laymens terms would be help;full lol
    reead it and no offence but it really dosrent help i think im in way over myh head on this one lol :D
    edited July 2012
    i use windows and still i havent found an answear how would i flip a coin ie coin toss apps in that direction [please tell me from scratch as im very new to this
  • fadamionfadamion Member, PRO Posts: 309
    edited July 2012
    I would say to go watch some videos about gamesalad.
  • HapiappsHapiapps Member Posts: 373
    How the coin looks like its flipping over? Its all animation, not done in GS if thats what your asking.
  • JoeMeisterJoeMeister Member Posts: 602
    I did a frame by frame animation in Photoshop. http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/coin-fountain/id400106419?mt=8
  • RPRP Member Posts: 1,990
    You already started a thread on this topic here:
    http://forums.gamesalad.com/discussion/46160/flipping-coins#latest

No need to start another one.

Check youtube and the web, for coin flip animations. This is not that dificult and can be carried out via various apps and diferent methods. You can also check the GameSalad marketplace and see if there is an animated coin for purchase (if you choose to go that route).