Attributes and Camera Issues

ChrisosChrisos Member Posts: 4
edited July 2012 in Working with GS (PC)
Hi All,

I've just started to teach myself the basics with GS (Windows) and have ran into the following issues.

Please see the video, it will make it much easier to explain.

http://www.youtube.com/embed/00OszmfpfOk (May need to view in 720p to see the details)

The first issues is with some attributes giving an "invalid path" error when editing from the actor instance while the same works fine on the actor prototype.

The second issue is that when having the camera follow the box actor, once the screen scolls up slightly, the physics on the solid platforms start to misbehave. Switching off the camera control seems to fix the issue.

As I'm new to GS I'm unsure if its something I'm doing wrong or an issue with GS for Windows. Any advice would be much appreciated.

There seems to be some reports on the forums about odd behaviour in the preview screen which does not occur when tested on a device. Unfortunately I have no way currently of testing on a device.

Any help/advice would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Best Answer

• UtopianGamesUtopianGames Posts: 5,692
    Accepted Answer
    I reported the invalid path issue a while back.

Check your layers it looks like you have movable unchecked.

Darren.

Answers

• ChrisosChrisos Member Posts: 4
    Many thanks, thats pointed me in the right direction. Beginner mistake...

Nice website! Any plans for Windows versions of your development apps?
  • UtopianGamesUtopianGames Member Posts: 5,692
    Yes we have plans for windows version along with updating etc.

Glad you sorted it out.

Darren.
  • ChrisosChrisos Member Posts: 4
    Cheers. I signed up on the site so I assume a newsletter or something of the sort will notify when Windows versions are released?