trouble using replicate for number of lives

ammarahkhalidammarahkhalid Member Posts: 1
edited July 2012 in Working with GS (PC)
I am using windows version of GS. I want to know how to make replicate result in the value what i have described in Attribute as everytime i try, its only appearing in how many times and the default value that is 5 is fixed its not changing.

Answers

• Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,271
    Create an integer attribute called Lives - Set this to 5 or however many lives you want at the begining of the game.

Then, in the replicate behavior - set the amount to game.Lives - the new attribute you just created.

That should do it.

Then of course, when you lose a life, it will decrees the amount.
  • ammarahkhalidammarahkhalid Member Posts: 1
    Create an integer attribute called Lives - Set this to 5 or however many lives you want at the begining of the game.

Then, in the replicate behavior - set the amount to game.Lives - the new attribute you just created.

That should do it.

Then of course, when you lose a life, it will decrees the amount.
    I tried but no luck. Are you using GS for MAC? as in Windows version of GS there is no expression icon and there is no possibility to set the replicator amount to "game.Lives"

All it is showing is Replicate TIMES (and in default Value it is showing 5, and even if I try to make it 4 or less or more than 5 it is not showing any effect and still show 5 lives in Game?

Also if a life is lost in game it is showing no effects and continue to show 5 Lives!
  • tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949
    I noticed this, too. In the Windows version, the replicate ____ times field is set to 5 by default and won't allow use of an attribute. But I'm using an unsupported OS since the only supported versions of Windows are 7 and Vista.

The replicate behavior duplicates the appearance of the actor on the scene the number of times specified. It has no effect on the actual value of the attribute.

Also, I deleted your duplicate comment. You can always edit a comment if you need to make changes to it.

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User