Why is it that I can't seem to add any sound?

holystriker68holystriker68 Member Posts: 2
edited July 2012 in Working with GS (PC)
Hello everyone I am very new to Gamesalad and I seem to have a problem. Whenever I try to add any type of sound (music or otherwise) I know I have all kinds of music files in my music folder, however when I navigate to it it shows no files! Please help!

Answers

• jn2002dkjn2002dk Member Posts: 102
    Are the files in a format that's supported by GS?
  • holystriker68holystriker68 Member Posts: 2
    Are the files in a format that's supported by GS?
    I believe so....I tried MP3 as well as WAV and neither worked.

Seeing as it's windows version could it be those files are in a folder that requires admin permissions?

Did you try moving a file to some place like the desktop?
  • holystriker68holystriker68 Member Posts: 2
    Seeing as it's windows version could it be those files are in a folder that requires admin permissions?

I did and came up with the same results. It just doesn't think it exists for some reason. I'm wondering if I've found a windows bug

I did and came up with the same results. It just doesn't think it exists for some reason. I'm wondering if I've found a windows bug
    Yea, that's possible
    The thing about GS and windows is that on top of GS being buggy there are also so many setups and variables in windows that it's very hard to tell what's going on

As an example GS doesn't work on my desktop. I can launch it but all actors are invisible even in preview. It works fine on my laptop though. Both runs Windows 7 64 bit, are up to date and run the same anti virus and firewall. I have no idea why it works on one and not the other

GS on my mac on the other hand works flawlessly
  • APPlauseAPPlause Member Posts: 29
    edited July 2012
    When you try to add try using your drop down window in the Choose your Sounds dialog box that changes from Sound files to Music files. I added an .mp4 file this morning from my itunes libary. Haven't used it yet but it did add to my project. - Gary
  • DarkUndeadSpawnDarkUndeadSpawn Member Posts: 64
    I would say
    .ogg
    files work best for sound.. Ill say Audacity is a free program with effect editing and converter to convert your files into whatever you like..
    .m4a
    also works best for music types!!
    Well of course if you want a better music background or sound.. i would suggest it!!

I hope this helped you pretty well..

Thankyou
    And have a nice day?!

Sincerly,
    DarkUndeadSpawn