Index attribute?

kielhansonkielhanson Member Posts: 12
edited July 2012 in Working with GS (PC)
Hello all.
I was following this video on how to create a card deal animation / rule by Tshirtbooth

He is using the Mac version and I the Windows version and at 6:43 of that video he creates an index attribute for his actor but when I click to add an attribute, I have all the others (boolean, text, interger etc) but I don't have index?!

Is this because I'm using the Windows version and it's not there yet or because of something else?
Thanks.

Answers

• jamie_cjamie_c ImagineLabs.rocks Member, PRO Posts: 5,772
    From the videos I've seen for Windows the Index Attribute does not seem to be available. Since it just represents a positive whole number I'd think you could use the Integer Attribute instead. But I've never followed the tutorial you link too so I could be wrong. Give it a try and see if it works out...

Jamie
  • kielhansonkielhanson Member Posts: 12
    Ok I input integer and continued but the entire rule creation is completely different to Mac. I hit a wall on PC as I don't want to put in, for him on Mac it has all the drop downs and such already there :(
    at 7:29 you see him create a new rule but he has drop down boxes that allow him to select 'actor receives event' or 'attribute' but on PC I have nothing like that. Just an 'all' or 'any' choice which I don't know what to do with.
  • rhinokeyrhinokey Member Posts: 158
    yeah i got tired of the inconsistances in win version, so i bought a mac, arives in the mail today! yay
  • ericzingelerericzingeler Member Posts: 334
    edited July 2012
    Ok I input integer and continued but the entire rule creation is completely different to Mac. I hit a wall on PC as I don't want to put in, for him on Mac it has all the drop downs and such already there :(
    at 7:29 you see him create a new rule but he has drop down boxes that allow him to select 'actor receives event' or 'attribute' but on PC I have nothing like that. Just an 'all' or 'any' choice which I don't know what to do with.
    On mac, event or attribute is the start of the rule (condition). Example, if attribute = 1, do something. or if touch pressed, do something.

You have the same thing on Windows, but looks different. For Windows, do the following:

1. With actor selected (one of the tabs at the bottom half of screen with the mask icon), click the "Behaviors" button at bottom left of screen.

2. Select Conditions in that grey left pane and you should now see the list of the conditions.

3. All the conditions are the same, but instead of a drop down like Mac, its a list.

4. Just drag a condition into the rules pane to start.

Basically, drag stuff from the Behaviors, Attributes, Functions browser pane at the bottom to the Rules pane above.
  • kielhansonkielhanson Member Posts: 12

On mac, event or attribute is the start of the rule (condition). Example, if attribute = 1, do something. or if touch pressed, do something.

You have the same thing on Windows, but looks different. For Windows, do the following:

1. With actor selected (one of the tabs at the bottom half of screen with the mask icon), click the "Behaviors" button at bottom left of screen.

2. Select Conditions in that grey left pane and you should now see the list of the conditions.

3. All the conditions are the same, but instead of a drop down like Mac, its a list.

4. Just drag a condition into the rules pane to start.
    I do that and drag attribute to the rule but it just says if: and gives a blank field
  • tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949
    @kielhanson, in the Browser pane/sidebar, click on Conditions to view available choices (e.g. Attribute, Mouse Button, etc.). Then, drag one of those choices to the Rules pane to add it as a rule condition. The field next to If is blank because you need to specify an attribute. To do this, click in the blank field and then click on the name of an attribute in the Attributes pane.

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User