GameSalad for Windows not working with Wine or my Windows 8 Virtual Machine

ZoytZoyt Member Posts: 374
edited July 2012 in Working with GS (PC)
Hello,
From what I can tell, GameSalad for Windows is amazing. I tried it briefly on another PC elsewhere and was stunned and in love. So I want it on my computer. So I tried installing it on my Windows 8 virtual machine, but it wouldn't run. Then I tried bottling it with wine, which wouldn't let me even launch the setup window. If someone could help me get GameSalad for windows installed, preferable with Wine, that would be great.
Thanks!

Best Answers

• JustMe74JustMe74 Posts: 542
    Accepted Answer
    @Zoyt -
    Make a virtual machine with Win 7 and you should be fine.
  • JustMe74JustMe74 Posts: 542
    Accepted Answer
    I don't think that there are any "free" versions of Windows, and GS only works with Vista and 7 at this time. I would assume that they will eventually support 8.
  • tenrdrmertenrdrmer Posts: 9,934
    Accepted Answer
    Dont expect support for windows 8 until its released to the public. then it will of course no longer be free. Why are you bothering with the windows version if you have mac anyway. Its really dreadfull even using in its current form IMO

Answers

• ZoytZoyt Member Posts: 374
    Alright. Thank you. I'll leave this open in can anyone else has an answer.
    @JustMe74 - Thanks, but I know. I typically do only free stuff. Is there older versions of Windows that is free and that GameSalad for windows will work on? Thanks a lot!
    Alright. Thanks. I hope they add 8 soon.
    @tenrdrmer - Alright. The reason I really want to get it running is because I found it to really speed up many of my GameSalad tasks in that fairly brief moment I got to try it. I'll just give up on it.
    Thanks!