Why IE9?

3itg3itg Member, PRO Posts: 382
edited July 2012 in Working with GS (PC)
There has to be a few others with experience in the realm of web design...
Im sure im also not the only one who despises IE.
I actually, painstakingly, removed IE from my windows machine (its still not completely gone, but its unaccessable).

From a technical perspective, why require IE for windows creator?
Is there something it offers that other browsers dont?

Firefox is free and open source and even has a program that allows you to include parts of their code base in your product...
Its called the "Powered by Mozilla Program".
So without requiring users to add or use any other software besides what they download from gamesalad throws the only argument I could think of out the windows... That argument would be accessibility.

Comments

• The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Member Posts: 9,922
    Microsoft integrated IE into their os so in essence it's part of the windows operating system so in essence you need to blame Microsoft not GS. apple doesn't do such foolishness as the root of most all of the engines that 3rd parties use to develop for osx are built into the software unlike windows.
  • 3itg3itg Member, PRO Posts: 382
    edited July 2012
    Yea, I know about the integration that microsoft did, it only requires some parts of IE be available to the OS, in Windows7 I think it requires some DLLs that are a part of IE8.

My point is, I think an install of GS could work well or even better without IE9 if they avoided it, and would be preferable to many users, and could cut down on support questions since they effectively eliminated the environmental variable of "what version of IE is installed"
    they could supply the necessary components from a different browser.
    I'm not saying gamesalad did something wrong, Im saying I think they can do better.
    Just trying to supply user feedback, after all, its in beta.
  • jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408
    I understand not using IE9 if you prefer chrome or firefox, but why do you need to nuke it from your machine?
  • 3itg3itg Member, PRO Posts: 382
    If you dont keep it updated it becomes a security problem