Playback not working

InLaNocheInLaNoche Member Posts: 20
edited July 2012 in Working with GS (PC)
Ok, got the new beta, and I was going through the tutorial. Everything was working fine until the point of testing the movement code for the SHMUP ship to move around. I pressed the green play button and the preview window came up, but it was just black. I could close it with the "back to Editor" button. So I changed the background to a blue (thinking that maybe the ship sprite was having an issue), but again the screen was just black.

I even tried starting a new project, imported my own sprite, and change the background to another color, same blank black window. Any suggestions? I am running win7 64bit, if that possibly is an issue?

Comments

• fred0051fred0051 Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2012
    Weird.
  • HC_DKHC_DK Member Posts: 92
    @InLaNoche: I experienced sort of the same today on my Win7 64bit.
    Black screen but I found out that the actor was placed at 15xx instead of 16x as where I placed it.
    That happened a couple of times.

I have not used the Windows version before only Mac version.

HC
  • InLaNocheInLaNoche Member Posts: 20
    @InLaNoche: I experienced sort of the same today on my Win7 64bit.
    Black screen but I found out that the actor was placed at 15xx instead of 16x as where I placed it.
    That happened a couple of times.

I have not used the Windows version before only Mac version.

HC
    I've tried positioning it all over the workspace, same thing. I doubt it's the position of the actor as I tried to change the background color in 2 different projects, yet the display was still black. You would think that it would show the background color at least.
  • HC_DKHC_DK Member Posts: 92
    Hm, no idea....but yes, the bg-color should change.
    I downloaded the viewer. I'll put something quick together and test that, hopefully that will work and I can live with an external tester...
    edited July 2012
    Opps... Thought the view was a windows test viewer... new to GS... Any other ideas? Running it on a Dell Laptop, 64bit win7 8 GB ram, nvidia NVS 3100M graphics (just updated the drivers)

have worked with several other Game dev apps, and want to get my hands on this and try it out, but can't do much if I can't see if it is working...
    edited July 2012
    Ok, having issues with the playback, and at first thought it may have to do with the video card, but I installed it on another computer and it worked fine. Actually I noticed an explorer warning bar at the top of the window. Again, I am new to GS, so I'm not sure how the creator's playback works. If it uses IE or Firefox (or safari) then it could be the internet settings on my work computer that is causing the issue. Would changing my default browser to Firefox force GS to use that instead? My company puts alot of junk into the Windows components (explorer included).
  • tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949
    Merged the two threads... please don't start a new thread for the same issue. Hopefully someone can help you out with this.

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

edited July 2012
    Ok. well any info on this? IE settings that are needed? Should I change my default broswer? Ok default browser is not it. But it has something to do with Internet....

OK, I feel silly. Wasn't looking at the requirements, but looked around and saw some other issues with IE. Looks IE9 is required. Got that and now it's working. Time for me to get to work... Um how do I now mark this as answered?
  • jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408
    make sure you are running windows 7 with all patches and upgrade to IE9.

• kalakkalak Member, PRO Posts: 48
    I had the same "error". But I am running on danish localization (Windows 7), and when I changed to US, then the playback function is running without any "errors".
    So now when I am doing GS work, I switch to US first :-)