Candy Maze - Coming soon to iOS =)

EIGHTHSINEIGHTHSIN Member Posts: 132
edited July 2012 in Announce Your Game!
Hi Forum :)

I am excited to announce my new game, Candy Maze, would be coming to iOS soon and would like to share some shots to promote the game.

The game itself is a star collecting puzzle game, where the character must get to the candy and collect stars along the way so as to increase the playability of the game. Sounds simple hey...well not quite!!! As the character moves through the puzzle he is faced with numerous blocks with different capabilities, which hinder his approach to the delicious candy!

The game is almost complete, all that is left is minor artwork and naming the character, lol...if you have any suggestions for names please do post, also I welcome all feedback :)

I would be positing more shots and videos to this thread, so if you are interested in hearing more about this unique puzzle game please do bookmark!

Comments

• EIGHTHSINEIGHTHSIN Member Posts: 132
    Here is a screenshot of one of the earlier levels for Candy Maze :)

Can you guess the objective besides collecting the Stars and Candy...If you have, and are correct, you will know that this game gets very challenging!!!

I will be revealing more obstacles as time passes...

• crazycam99crazycam99 Paris, FranceMember Posts: 519
    Nice game.
    Cheers @crazycam99 I'm still polishing up some artwork and animation, and minor logic... Should be complete in the next few weeks :)

I am in two minds to make the character a rag doll textured box...What do you guys think?
  • Barking_AppsBarking_Apps Member Posts: 182
    i like the candy looks like the candy off cut the rope... and i would go with changing the texture as it looks like it could go well with the background.

BarkingApps :o3
    Thanks for your post @barkingapps

The candy is very similar to that of Cut The Rope...and I would be lying if I wasn't influenced greatly by it, lol...I tried a few ideas, and this one looked the most suitable. I am considering having various candies, which have a variety of colours and patterns throughout the worlds as the game progresses...

I will definitely take your view on the texture into consideration, I too think that the character should have texture to remain sympathetic of the overall art style. I am working on a few designs, may post them for the forums judgement :)
    Candy Maze is a unique puzzle, whereby the character has to get to the candy by travelling through a vertical maze. This game features many various obstacles, the first type is the Platform Blocks, these are as follows...

Wooden Block:
    The character can land and strafe across this block, however, if he jumps from this block it would fall.

Glass Block:
    The character can strafe across the block, however, if he jumps or lands on this block it would fall or break respectively.

Rock Block:
    The character can jump from, strafe across and land on this block, however once he lands on this block it would crack. If the block is cracked the character can strafe across safely but jumping or landing would result in the block breaking and falling.

Metal Block:
    The character can jump from, strafe across and land on this block safely without any repercussion...but this necessarily isn't a good thing...you will find out soon enough :)

Hey Fellow GameSaladers!

Here's a video clip of the game play of my new game, Candy Maze, which would be coming to iOS very soon!

• creativeappscreativeapps Member Posts: 1,770
    Video set as private change to public
  • CabacoCabaco Member Posts: 414
    Looks amazing! Congrats
    Cheers @creativeapps its been changed :)
    Very good I love the overall finishing of the game. Good luck with the sales.
    @EIGHTHSIN what is the reason for moving that black square in the starting of the game
  • DeadlySeriousMediaDeadlySeriousMedia ArizonaMember Posts: 838
    I love it! Music, animation, gameplay. Keep it up! :D
    @creativeapps That was simply to illustrate the movable block in the game. To that particular level it has no use other than to throw the user off course. I will upload more types of block as time passes so stay tuned :)
  • AEPstudiosAEPstudios Member Posts: 110
    edited July 2012
    @EIGHTHSIN nice game, i like how the controls are next to the player instead of in the bottom left or right corner good luck
  • OskarDeveloperOskarDeveloper Member Posts: 533
    Cool game! Good luck! :D
  • UtopianGamesUtopianGames Member Posts: 5,692
    REALLY liking this one!

Darren.
  • Ren_ElljayRen_Elljay Member Posts: 23
    Your character movements and animations look really smooth!! Keeping an eye on this one!
  • rhinokeyrhinokey Member Posts: 158
    nice polish, looks great.
    Thank you very much for the kind words everyone! :)

I will be posting more videos and screens of the game in the coming weeks, so please do stay tuned :)