Can i get access to or view the source code from a GameSalad for Windows OS HTML5 game i make ??

markpounceymarkpouncey Member Posts: 8
Hey-- the title pretty much says what i want to ask. Am still pretty new to the software, and want to know if i can find the sourcecode to my game if i publish as an HTML5 game for Windows OS < or MAC OS for that matter > at all-- in my editor or anywhere, or is it hidden and impossible for me to look at ?? thanks && kind regards, mark-p.

Best Answers

Answers

• markpounceymarkpouncey Member Posts: 8
    Um, thanks-- "Have A Great Day". Quote from forums < not mine. >: "I work for bored.com and we have been using game salad to create a few mobile games for the mobile version of our site. Now that Game Salad features html 5 it would be a lot easier for us to use the html 5 version of new games on our regular version of the site. However, How it is currently, we can only iframe the game from the gamesalad arcade site.. We've paid for the pro version so we can have the custom splash screen, but on the html iframe version of the game there's still gamesalad things at the beginning and we can't really get to the source html 5 code.. It would be really useful to sites like us and others if we can just get an html5 version of the game so we can easily integrate custom preloaders, ads, and many other things instead of Having to use the iframe.
    Just suggesting that gamesalad allow the dev to have the actual html 5 version of the game to do whatever they want with it instead of having to have it on gamesalad arcade only. I mean, it is the dev's game and all to begin with so they should be able to do whatever they want with it if they paid for the pro version.."
  • markpounceymarkpouncey Member Posts: 8
    Hey-- thanks... something is better than nothing && its a good start.
    kind regards, mark-p.