Need help with onscreen touch controls

Pennez-GamesPennez-Games Member Posts: 107
edited July 2012 in Working with GS (PC)
hello. i have gamesalad windows and i am making a game where i need on screen controlls, well i have onscreen controlls but when you click move left, it will move left and not stop, same with move right, i want it so you have to hold your finger down on the move pad to move, and when you let it go, the character will stop moving, please help me thank you

Best Answer

• Accepted Answer
    This is a fairly easy fix..

If you go inside the actor and click on the actors attributes..

Click and open the Motion Menu - enter in a value to your max speed (i.e. 80 or 150, something like that.) and make sure Apply Max Speed is ticked.

Then click and open the Physics Menu - by default your friction value should be 3 you can adjust that up and down which will help give you a nice sliding stop.
    The quicker you would like the actor to slow down the higher you make the number.

Let me know if that helps :D

Cheers, Dan

Answers

• The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Member Posts: 9,922
    Change your rule to touch is pressed.
  • Pennez-GamesPennez-Games Member Posts: 107
    it is on touch is pressed, i even tried when touch is inside aswell as pressed, none works..... but someone did tell me i had to create a stop attribute and stuff but i didnt understand, how can i fix this?
    it is on touch is pressed, i even tried when touch is inside aswell as pressed, none works..... but someone did tell me i had to create a stop attribute and stuff but i didnt understand, how can i fix this?
    This is a fairly easy fix..

If you go inside the actor and click on the actors attributes..

Click and open the Motion Menu - enter in a value to your max speed (i.e. 80 or 150, something like that.) and make sure Apply Max Speed is ticked.

Then click and open the Physics Menu - by default your friction value should be 3 you can adjust that up and down which will help give you a nice sliding stop.
    The quicker you would like the actor to slow down the higher you make the number.

Let me know if that helps :D

Cheers, Dan
    thanks so much! this helped alot.

• thanks so much! this helped alot.
    No problem at all, happy to help out.

Cheers, Dan