★★★ 2 Free DBA Multi Touch Templates ★★★

UtopianGamesUtopianGames Member Posts: 5,692
edited July 2012 in Community Tutorials
MULTI MONSTERS - touch the screen with the correct amount of fingers to launch a missile at the baddies.

UNDER THE SEA - Demonstrates multiple drag and drops with varying finger releases on the device screen. This technique even tracks if you lift a finger and re select a new creature. This took 3 developers to get working to a decent standard myself, Wayne and Orbz but alas it seems GS and multi touch has some problems (user presses on multiple actors at the same time for eg) that proper arrays could sort out.

Both of these demos need to be run on a device to test and develop further.

Darren & Wayne

Comments

• simo103simo103 Member, PRO Posts: 1,331
    thanks Guys, will be fun to pick thru to look at your techniques. Appreciated!
  • creativeappscreativeapps Member Posts: 1,770
    @UtopianGames Thank you so much for this templates..:)
  • ORBZORBZ Member Posts: 1,304
    :P
  • UtopianGamesUtopianGames Member Posts: 5,692
    @ Orbz :)

Darren.
  • GraphicWarehouseGraphicWarehouse Member Posts: 927
    awesome
  • BSideGamesBSideGames Member Posts: 392
    great stuff as always
  • EatingMyHatEatingMyHat Member Posts: 1,246
    Thanks!
  • The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Member Posts: 9,922
    edited July 2012
    Multi touch can be done in GS and little old me did it..lol I built a new algorithm to refine the code even more than this demonstration and eliminated the one tiny hiccup I was having only once at the start.

I noticed at 3:17 it goes wrong this was one of the problems we had and if you touch all of them at the same time it doesn't always work.

Im still not sure proper multi touch can be done with GS but the template will give you at least a start.

Darren.

Yeah that's a clitch at the start of my algorithm but I have it sorted out but when you touch them all at precisely the same time the software sees it as a single touch.
    Nice one!

Darren.
    Yeah I've been working on this multi touch code for awhile. I haven't seen your template yet so I'm not sure how similar it is but basically I use the touch count in parallel with an actor pressed count. Then once the count goes to three each actor is assigned a prime number and that unique number is assigned to a touch so when say two is dropped it's prime is deducted from the total and the remaining sum tells which touch was dropped and what counts remain so when you touch another actor it know to assign touch two based on the missing prime number. The hiccup was in the hand off from the count start over to the prime algorithm so I deleted the start count and use primes from the start in parallel with the touch count until it's greater than two touches then I drop the touch count attribute and work straight from primes.
    Sounds like you put a lot of work into it and glad you got it figured out.

Darren.