App not showing in new releases on app store

Dazza006Dazza006 Member Posts: 248
edited July 2012 in Working with GS (PC)
Hi,
My game had some problems when I released it so I took it off and updated it.
I got about 200 downloads on the first day but I thought there would be some angry people because of these problems.
I made too version iPad and iPhone,
The iPhone version was not on for every long and I took it off, now I have updated both versions and they have been approved again.
The updated date is 19th and 20th of July, but nothing is showing for that and I can't see anything on there from where they were on shortly.
Will the updated versions show as new? Or will nothing show now, is there anything I can do now to get apple to put my game as new released?
If I have messed this up it sucks I should of just left them on.
Any help or advice would be great.

Cheers
Darren

Comments

• LeanneLeanne Member Posts: 168
    I don't think updates show as new. I think at the beginning of time they did, but people took advantage and kept submitting minor changes to keep floating to the top. Have you considered pulling the app and re-releasing under a different name?
  • Dazza006Dazza006 Member Posts: 248
    @leanne I didn't think of that I will consider it, I would have to change menu titles and anything else related to the name and explain to everyone why the name has changed. I think I would prefer to keep the name but thanks for the tip.
    Do you think I should send a message to apple or do you think they won't do anything.
  • EatingMyHatEatingMyHat Member Posts: 1,246
    Apple will not do anything, you have messed with the gods of ranking and there is nothing you can do about it. In most cases it is better to keep the app up there and fix rather than pull it off.

There is nobody in Apple that will put you back on the top of the list.
  • Dazza006Dazza006 Member Posts: 248
    @eatingmyhat ok cheers looks like I will have to learn from this mistake