Actor doesn't pop up at the stage

leffe55leffe55 Member Posts: 2
edited July 2012 in Working with GS (PC)
Hey, i downloaded gamesalad today so i am a total newbie. I got stuck on a really, really basic step but well, here i am.

I want to make a simple button on a "start scene" so i made an actor and set a size of 120x60 and a different color than the background on the scene. When i look at youtube guides they just drag the actor from the top left window under the tab actor onto the stage and then it pops up. The problem is, when i do this nothing happens, it's just the same old black background. It's like the actor is invisible. I also tried to make a rule with the touch is pressed and inside it will change to the next scene. Then i entered preview mode and pressed all over the screen but nothing happend.

In the layer tab under background i can find the actor 1 but i can't see it on the stage scene or preview. The actor got a position on the instance tab but not on the Prototype. How can i get fix this problem. I have checked the visible option to, that's not the problem. I just can't figure it out.

//Thanks leffe55

Comments

• Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,271
    Hi there,

Are you using the Windows Creator?

Some things to check:
    Make sure that the alpha (under color) of the actor is set to 1, not 0.
    Make sure that your new actor is on top of the background in the layers...Not behind it.
  • leffe55leffe55 Member Posts: 2
    Yeah i'm using the windows Creator and the alpha is set to 1. The actor is under the background layer tab. I can't really move it anywhere.
  • J_PANJ_PAN Member Posts: 140
    it should work.... try downloading it again....
  • leffe55leffe55 Member Posts: 2
    I have already tried to reinstall it, doesn't help =/
  • Tistou BlombergTistou Blomberg Member Posts: 1
    sorry for posting in an old thread but I had the same problem and found this forum on google.

I solved it (for me at least)

It seems that when I dragged in actors they got wicked positions like -5000 x and stuff. So the actors where there they where just outside the viewing area.

I changed the x and y to 0 and viola.