Importing sounds and music to GameSalad

Matt1971Matt1971 Member Posts: 2
edited July 2012 in Working with GS (PC)
I am unable to import sound files to GameSalad. When I click the plus sign to add a sound file, navigate to the folder that is holding the sound files, the files don't show up. I even purchased sound files from the GS marketplace to be sure I had the correct type of files. Help!

Comments

• gyroscopegyroscope I am here.Member, Sous Chef, PRO Posts: 6,598

@Matt1971

Hi Matt, if you say your sounds are in one of the correct formats, the only thing I can think is happening is that the sounds are compressed; so unzip them and they'll be accessible.

""You are in a maze of twisty passages, all alike." - Zork        temp domain http://spidergriffin.wix.com/alphaghostapps

• SlickZeroSlickZero Houston, TexasMember, Sous Chef Posts: 2,870
    And if what @gyroscope said is not the case, then try converting the files to the native format.

Sound files are .ogg

Music files are .m4a

If you use .mp3 or .wav or .aiff, GameSalad will ask you what type of file you want to import it as, sound or music, and do the conversion for you.
  • Matt1971Matt1971 Member Posts: 2
    The files are unzipped, how do you get GS to recognize, or offer to convert files. I can't see the files in Win explorer when I go to import them.
  • JoVeJoVe Member Posts: 224
    What kind of file is it? .mp3 .wav or a other?
  • SlickZeroSlickZero Houston, TexasMember, Sous Chef Posts: 2,870
    edited July 2012
    Sorry, wasn't paying attention, I just noticed this was for Windows version. I don't know anything about the Windows version, really.

I would think it would be the same, but I don't know for sure. Still, did you try importing your sound effects as .ogg and your music files as .m4a?

Those are the native formats that GameSalad uses on the Mac version, and like I said, I think it would be the same, but don't know for sure since i've never even opened the Windows version. Import them like that, and you wont be asked what you want to use them for, they should just be available for selecting from their respective behaviors.