Tutorials for the Windows version of GameSalad?

GigifuscGigifusc Member Posts: 0
edited July 2012 in Working with GS (PC)
Hi all.

I'm brand spanking new here! :)

So I ran the initial tutorial video, but it's obviously been made for the Mac version as it looks very different to the Windows version.

Are there seperate tutorials available for the Windows version?

Thanks.
:)

Comments

• jigglybeanjigglybean Member Posts: 1,584
    Hey welcome!

There are only a handful of tutorials on youtube right now. I've been struggling over the weekend with the different UI and how things are on Windows. However, the best thing to do is just try stuff out.

It will soon fall into place

Like Balls? Then click here! We've 100 coming soon

• PuzzlePlatformerManPuzzlePlatformerMan Member Posts: 23
    Meh, tutorials are nice, but just experiment. I didn't use anything prior to Gamesalad, and I made a fun working game in 20 minutes, no tutorial help whatsoever.
  • gamicgamic Member Posts: 10
    Hi there,

There are very less tutorial of windows creator it could be more help full if you guys release an official full game tutorial like from start to how to publishing a game,it could be more help full to newbies like us.Thanx in Advance.

• JarishaJarisha Member Posts: 1
    "just do it" might've worked with the Mac version, but there aren't even any templates in the windows version! Heeeeeeelp!!!!!
  • villas111villas111 Member Posts: 10
    a user on youtube named EddieVanHalen98 are making some tutorials
    there are only 10 but there are coming more.
  • jigglybeanjigglybean Member Posts: 1,584
    Ive been using the Mac tutorials by TShirt and others. It isnt difficult to change how your work. The only problem occurs when you have 'index' which isnt on the windows version. For that, I have just used 'real' or tried other things.

In addition to that, I have purchased some templates which have helped me understand the process involved. If you ask the guys at @UtopianGames (deepblueapps.com), they will kindly convert your template to Windows after you purchase it.

Some will already work just by changing the name of the admin file to gsproj.

Like Balls? Then click here! We've 100 coming soon