Seeking Bids for Interactive Stroybook Coding

KnightStarKnightStar Member Posts: 162
Hey Folks -

I'm working with a Web-based developer that's got a lot of Hollywood and Interactive Web background who are now interested in diving into the Interactive Storybook market. The team has a solid Art, Audio, and Design staff, but are lacking a good engineering team that can put all the Art and SFX assets together into solid, well-polished, and affordable Interactive Storybooks.

The team is willing to provide all Art assets, SFX, and even story-board blueprints & interactivity elements for each page, making this a simple assembly job.

What I'm looking for are rough bids for building out the apps and stitching them up so they can be submitted to Apple and then onto the Kindle Fire / Nook. Ballpark $-figures are fine initially, along with development time estimates. (Granted, these figures will be updated when project specifics are shared, Non-Disclosure Agreements are signed, etc.)

Two great examples of the level of complexity, length, and interactivity are as follows:

Luna Kettlebottom and the Magic Cauldron Society - Vlad and the Beanstalk
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/luna-kettlebottom-magic-cauldron/id516028749?mt=8

Luna Red
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/luna-red/id545694112?mt=8

Both apps are free, so pull them down and review. Also, don't hesitate to hit me up with questions or comments.

We're looking to do several Interactive Stories so the right candidate would likely be able to find repeat work.

Cheers!

- JCB

Comments

• cnmeyer1980cnmeyer1980 Member, PRO Posts: 211
    Hey there,

We can discuss over email, if you drop me a message on cnmeyer1980@hotmail.co.uk that would be cool

Cheers and speak soon
    Chris
  • HapiappsHapiapps Member Posts: 373
    edited August 2012
    Looks good
  • outsidethebyteoutsidethebyte Member Posts: 115
    Visit my website at www.outsidethebyte.com

I can provide references from studios I'm currently working with.

Contact me at techhelp@outsidethebyte.com

Thanks.
  • KnightStarKnightStar Member Posts: 162
    We're still seeking potential candidates - but please be ready to provide samples of your work, specifically in the ballpark of Interactive Stories..

- J
  • The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Member Posts: 9,922
    edited July 2012
    I am part owner of Gleeson Group Media and we own a golden book property Kate Gleeson's Little Beasties and have Developed two apps so far from her 26 books. http://gleesongroupmedia.com
  • tenrdrmertenrdrmer Member, Sous Chef, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 9,934
    Message me on GS. I might be interested in taking on this project.
  • morphinegamingmachinemorphinegamingmachine Member, PRO Posts: 449
    I have had work with interactive stories/adventure click through games.
    Email me at morphinegamingmachine@aol.com for examples and references/ further discussion about your project
  • J_PANJ_PAN Member Posts: 140
    i think i picked up an interactive book template before, message me
  • KnightStarKnightStar Member Posts: 162
    Hey folks -

We're still looking for bids but I'd like to update my bid request - I'd be interested in cost+time estimates on porting the first Luna KettleBottom interactive storybook into GS so it can be submitted for the Kindle Fire and Nook tablets. See the original post for the iTunes link to the FREE book and check it out.

Just like I originally indicated, we'd provide all the assets (Art, VO, Music, etc.) and we'd be simply looking at how much it would cost to port and how long it would take.

Please be ready to provide samples of your work as this would be a paid professional assignment and we'd like to use this as a potential stepping stone contract for future work.

Thanks a bunch!

- J
  • morphinegamingmachinemorphinegamingmachine Member, PRO Posts: 449
    I have sent you a GS message. looking forward to your reply
  • RiffelRiffel Member Posts: 1,272
    Hi @JCB - I send a PM - or contact me marcosriffel@hotmail.com